[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question /g/. I'm looking for a really small tower to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: NUC-LEON.jpg (79KB, 1600x500px) Image search: [Google]
NUC-LEON.jpg
79KB, 1600x500px
Question /g/.

I'm looking for a really small tower to fit on my desk, as I have limited space. Perferably no bigger then a Nintendo gamecube. I've seen little square towers before, but have no idea what they're called, and was hoping i could get some help and direction. Doesn't have to be top opf the line either, just support later graphics cards if possible Thanks.
>>
Bye
>>
>>59494182
?
>>
Mac Mini
>>
>>59494192
Does windows have a variant? I'm trying to use it for gaming in a different room, and mac is usually not very gaming savvy.
>>
>>59494167

Bro,

What you're looking for is an iTX tower, which means you'll need an iTX motherboard.

I would suggest you take a look at the http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-250d-mini-itx-pc-case

When you're going for a cube case, you want something with dual chambers for better airflow and heat management.

A lot of people building ITX PCs tend to ignore the heat issue because they're retarded - don't be that guy.
>>
>>59494206
Oh nice, most helpful guy yet, If i have to build one i'll look into it for sure, but i'd rather storebought if possible. I don't really have the free time to set up a PC anymore, and i'm looking for a faster and easier solution for my son's room. .
>>
>>59494227

https://www.maingear.com/custom/sff/xcube/
>>
>>59494254
>https://www.maingear.com/custom/sff/xcube/
Thats certainly a possibility. But aren't AMD cards usually not as good graphic wise?

Another question I have, What exactly are these NUC mini PCs capable of? I can't really tell. can you exchange their graphic cards at all? or is it a pre-built sort of thing?
>>
>>59494167
Kangaroo
100 bucks
>>
>>59494297
You can select Nvidia card if you don't like AMDs
>>
>>59494297
>https://www.maingear.com/custom/sff/xcube/

You choose your GPU on that site. They build the PC for you.

Mini PCs are just as capable as full ATX PCs, the difference is fewer expansion possibilities, i.e., triple GPU setups, fan headers, etc.

To answer your question about exchanging the GPU: yes, you can swap any component in a prebuilt PC. You're just paying someone else to build it for you.
>>
>>59494332
>>59494346
Ah I see.

So would a mini PC theoretically be able to use something like a Titan GX? or is that too powerful? We bought him a steam link a few months back but apparently its awful connectivity and doesn't do what he wants, so i'm looking for a cheap replacement but one that will at least run the games well enough.
>>
>>59494392

A mini PC can use a Titan, yes.
>>
>>59494478
Awesome, I may just go with that then. Thank you for your help and co-operation
>>
Stop being a fashionista and put it under your desk. Surely you dont live in a apartment that small.

>>59494346
Much bigger than he wanted.
>>
>>59494662
>Sotp being a fashionista and put it under your desk

You misunderstand, its not going on a desk, its inside a media cabinet. Please read the thread to understand what its intended use is. A standard tower literally can't fit inside the shelving. Which is why I used a gamecube for height comparison
>>
What you're looking for is the Cooler Master Elite 110.
>>
>>59494167
You need an Intel NUC or a Gigbyte Brix
>>
>>59494167
If you want a graphics card, then the smallest you'll be able to get is the variety of Mini-ITX cases and you'll have to be careful of the dimensions of the parts you buy.

If you wanted no graphics card then a NUC or any mini-pc would do fine.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.