[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have troubles finding decent reviews for AM4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1144080_3__69483-3[1].jpg (229KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1144080_3__69483-3[1].jpg
229KB, 1280x1280px
Does anyone else have troubles finding decent reviews for AM4 motherboards?

I'm trying to figure out which is the best sub-200€ x370 motherboard, but it's really a pain (well, besides throwing out biostar obviously)
>>
>>59481094

it's hard just to find one in stock right. I was gonna get the MSI one you posted but today when I checked the ASUS prime x370 pro was in stock and it was the color scheme I was wanting in the first place. A friend already gave me 16gb of ddr4 2400 ram. I was just waiting for a decent motherboard to be in stock when I placed my order so I jumped on it. Ordered that and the ryzen 7 1700. Not the 1700x or 1800x because it appears for the most part they all have the same max overclock so there is no reason to get the other two for more money.

You can find mostly unboxing threads but reviews probably won't come out for at least a month of two when people have had more time with them.
>>
>>59481094
Yeah man, I'm in the same boat. I want a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 but as far as I can tell nobody really has seen this board yet (though there's a few people who snagged one off Newegg by luck) - But I can't find any reviews from anyone who has one in-hand yet. It's almost as if it doesn't actually exist.

I hate holding off my build for this shit, I really want a Gigabyte board but every day I get closer and closer to just running up to my local MC and snagging one of the MSI or ASUS X370 chipset boards sitting on the shelf.

I'll wait but it's killing me. I'm considering maybe just going for the ASRock Taichi as it seems to be a crowd favorite as well and admittedly does look like a nice board spec-wise.

You and I are not alone, I have a pile of new components just sitting in my room waiting for a board and an AM4 upgrade kit for my R1U.
>1800X
>Corsair LPX 3200 16GB
>Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
>6X Noctua IPPC 3000RPM fans
>RGB LED accessories (fuck off)
Just sitting there waiting for a board. (If the board comes in I might buy a cheapo cooler to get me by till Cryorig comes through)
Shit's horrible.
>>
>>59481094
Well wendell made q review of the x370 taichi and its looks pretty solid. But taichi seems lost in space somewhere... Fucking backorder/sold out. Bought my x370 killer sli which is like a taichi but less features
>>
>>59482868
>But I can't find any reviews from anyone who has one in-hand yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUYTdgoRA7k
>>
>>59481094

Currently it SEEMS like the AsRock boards are currently the best, with ASUS definitely being the worst. Gigabyte, MSI, the rest are somewhere in the middle.
I hear only good things about the Taichi so that's the board I'm looking to get eventually. Too bad they are having production line problems with it, when they get that sorted I think they'll ramp up production of it.
>>
>>59481094
Just want to give you a heads up, OP--MSI's board is 'alright'. Granted, it has all the bells and whistles, but right now what it's really lacking is software support. In fact, most boards are going to be experiencing this.

I initially started with the Asus Prime, but ended up returning it because an add-on card wasn't working and I thought it was defective--turns out people are having issues in general with add-on cards, memory, etc.

tldr; Just about every manufacturer is having issues with software support, so it's hard to tell who has the better board.
>>
>>59482868
I actually have the $300 MSI board that I'm returning to Newegg--shame there isn't some reliable way I can sell it to you without getting scammed.
>>
>>59483485
That's the Gaming 5, I want the Gaming K7 which has the Bclk chip on it.
>>
>>59484675
The Gaming K7 is not even out yet.
>>
>>59481094
It doesn't matter how good your mobo is when your cpu is shit
>>
>>59481094
>ITX master race
I'm loving the Ryzen flamewars and happy to wait for this very issue - you faggots are doing my beta testing. AMD engineering and QA was months behind their strategy and marketing though Intel's roadmap is delayed as well with smaller nodes. The offerings after Computex will be great this year.
>>
>>59484993
Shhhh. Let them have their little moment.
>>
>>59481094
>I'm trying to figure out which is the best sub-200€ x370 motherboard, but it's really a pain (well, besides throwing out biostar obviously)
Just get a fucking Taichi i guess.
>>
I really like GN review on the Crosshair VI Hero. He goes full detail on the board's chips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xfLYLRsPZ0&t=147s
>>
>>59484940
Apparently it is, people on overclock.net were talking about it, it was in stock on Newegg.com for a while.

Any idea when it is actually coming out if it truly isn't?
>>
>>59481094
Same thing as with the Intell mobos. Stick with the trusted companies. MSI is a good one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.