[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it is 2017 and the GNOME developers still haven't added

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Filepicker.png (151KB, 742x828px) Image search: [Google]
Filepicker.png
151KB, 742x828px
>it is 2017 and the GNOME developers still haven't added one
Why does Linux suck so hard?
>>
>>59479896

Cause Linus hasn't got around to adding image preview to the kernel.

Hang in there bro, we'll all make it.
>>
>>59479924
is this a joke about micro/monolithic kernels
>>
>>59479896
I was told by a GNOME dev that GTK4 might finally have it. He told me that they don't do it because of security... which is total bullshit.
>>
>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
add it yourself (laugh)
>>
>>59479953
>He told me that they don't do it because of security... which is total bullshit.
I understand where they are coming from
>>
Because it's shit made for retards.
>>
>>59479896
why does gnome suck so hard *
>>
>>59479896
/g/ is dead
>>
>>59479896
I just use windows, but this is satire right? Most linux distros show the thumbnail of pictures, right?
>>
>>59479896
It does, retard, it's just that almost no programs utilize it
>>
I posted it again xddddd
>>
>>59480071
No. Only distros with KDE show proper thumbnails in the file picker.
>>
>>59479896
>not using the gtk2 thumbnail patch
>>
>>59480071
in the file manager, yes, all of them do

in the file picker (what you get when using web browser or a program to pick files) only kde does
>>
>>59480119
>>59480144
wow, absolutely pathetic.
I thought these small but useful features were more common in linux since new versions come out faster.
>>
>>59480144
that's bullshit
thunar does it
>>
>>59479896
KDE Plasma 5.9.3 does not have this problem.
>>
So what exactly is this a problem with? What needs to update?
Is it the file manager?
The browser?
The window manager? Desktop environment?
>>
>>59480203
Stop embarrassing yourself, where the hell does thunar provide a filepicker at all? You would have to inject a custom one into gtk2/3 to get that functionality, or just patch it in.
>>
>>59480797
the toolkit the program uses dictates the file picker. There is no standard in the linux world and gtk cucks have the worst one.
>>
>>59479896
Gnome has nothing to do with linux(their shit is on BSD and can be run on mac os too)

But yeah they are pretty shit

Dolphin is better
>>
Only brainlets use GNOME in the current year.

Prove me wrong, protip: you can't.
>>
>>59480185
Why does every one use gnome based shit anyway?
>>
>>59480797
Depends. Firefox could fix it by giving an option to use a different file picker, like the KDE one. Chromium for example has this option and will default to it on a KDE desktop.
On the other hand GTK devs could pull their heads out of their asses and actually add thumbnails to their file picker.

tl;dr either the browser (or other programs) or the toolkit
>>
>>59480185
It's not a problem in Linux, the problem is GTK devs' autism.
>>
Jesus Christ why is Linux so shit???
>>
>>59481379
this
>>
>>59479924
ya i wish he would add proper asynchronous I/O first.

even fucking wangblowsOS has proper Asynchronous I/O
>>
File: 1296279192516.jpg (26KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1296279192516.jpg
26KB, 500x364px
>>59479946
>is this a joke about micro/monolithic kernels
Seems more like a half joke considering the linux kernal runs TCP/IP and other stacks internally.

It would probably do the project loads of good to just buck up and finally integrate something resembling a graphics stack or at least API standards. It would finally put to rest all the stupid pissing matches that the "community" hasn't be able to resolve for ages now: X vs Wayland, KDE vs Gnome, so on, so forth. Then we can see the project move forward instead of watching programming dieties bicker like preteens, fussing with shit OSes got down pat in the 90's, and Google eating everybody's lunch.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.