[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Seagate/Samsung "ST" HDDs doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image_preview.jpg (78KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
image_preview.jpg
78KB, 430x600px
Why doesn't Seagate/Samsung "ST" HDDs doesn't remap bad sectors automatically?

How to force the remap. MHDD and every software I tested doesn't work.

How to remap the picrel (ST1000LM024)? It has only 19 bad sectors and the rest of the hard drive works perfectly.

I can use bad hdd repartioner but that's not the point.

I mean, original Seagate HDDs can remap bad sectors but Samsung/Seagate can't remap them automatically. How to force this?

I don't want to sell it BTW, I'm not that kind of a dick...
>>
wtf are you talking about?
they're all remapping.

once you have a single remapped sector, SWAP THAT MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>59478349

They are NOT.

Reallocated Event Count equals 0 in SMART data.
>>
>>59478349
>once you have a single remapped sector, SWAP THAT MOTHERFUCKER.

So you're telling to him not to use HDDs anymore? They'll all have remapped sectors through their lifetime, it's only a sign of failure when there are huge amounts of realloc'd sectors in a short time span.
>>
Run Seatools and select quick repair. It should work.
>>
>>59478435

Don't you have calls to be making Pajeet /
>>
>>59478484
Do you have a license to be this retarded?
>>
>>59478445

Already tested it. Sectors won't remap.

And btw - they are not physical sectors, they are only logical. I was the first owner of this HDD and I know.

I have other drives of course but I'm just curious on how to remap this piece of shit rebadged Samsung.
>>
>>59478537

"once you have a single remapped sector, SWAP THAT MOTHERFUCKER"

H200 - High-Performance Hybrid Drive, 1 TB
Part number: HDWM110EZSTA

Replace with the above, thank me later...
>>
Thought /g/ would have some info.

Damn :(
>>
>>59478667

"/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site"
>>
>>59478519
Do you?
>>
>>59478767

dude, /g/ is just lame as hell if they don't know any solution for this

I'm an advanced user and I don't need any assistance, it's not the purpose of this topic

the purpose is WHY THIS PIECE OF SHIT DOESN't HAVE AUTO REMAP
>>
>>59478392
>Reallocated Event Count equals 0 in SMART data.

"Reallocated Sectors Count" is the important attribute.
>>
>>59478898
>WHY THIS PIECE OF SHIT DOESN't HAVE AUTO REMAP
operating systems have complex filesystems. the operating system is best at determining if a sector is okay or not, and then recovering whatever data possible from the sector marked bad to the remapped sector. also, typically sectors are only automatically remapped if they're identified as bad during a write operation, to allow for data recovery with specialized tools like chkdsk, spinrite, etc.
>>
>>59479022
>operating systems have complex filesystems. the operating system is best at determining if a sector is okay or not
NOPE.
>>
File: 19f65k39fm5.png (17KB, 626x624px) Image search: [Google]
19f65k39fm5.png
17KB, 626x624px
>>59479022
>>
>>59478986

Actually yes.

but both of them should fucking move not stay at 0.
>>
File: 8e7.png (132KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
8e7.png
132KB, 680x680px
>>59480181
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.