[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that likes how Windows 8.1 looks by default

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Am I the only one that likes how Windows 8.1 looks by default more than 7/10?
>>
Yes, you're the only faggot here.
>>
>>59476128

windows 8.1 is the last good windows version. disable telemetry scheduled tasks and you're good to go, it's basically a faster windows7 with updates until 2023.

if you disagree you're obiouvsly a pooinloo mentally ill teenager who likes ads in explorer.exe and 95% disk usage while updating win10 24/7.
>>
>>59476128
If Windows 8.1 had icons from Windows 10 it would be a 10/10.
>>
>>59476365
Why? Windows 10 looks disgusting.
>>
> they are so literally mentally deficient that they can't protect themselves from windows 10
at least run antibeacon and ooshutup10 you stupid faggots.
>>
>>59476536
I love placebos too
>>
>>59476536
>ooshutup10
They are partnered with Microsoft my dude
>>
>>59476128
I loved how Windows 8 got rid of the start button. There is literally no need for it.
Fuck all those morons who wanted it back.
>>
>>59476873
I didn't care about it or the menu. The first reason they gave for the start button disappearing was that effectively people didn't use it all that much. And it's true, you're supposed to use the start menu for those applications you don't often use, and pin the ones that you do to the taskbar. Or better yet just learn how to press the windows button, type the program name and enter.
>>
I like it too because of the thick window border. It has that cozy feeling.
>>
No, I'm also retarded.
>>
All windows suck. 8 looks kinda good though.
>>
File: 1484531015325.gif (269KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1484531015325.gif
269KB, 500x282px
I miss virtual desktops and subsystem for linux

but windows 8.1 with classic shell and disabled services is so good and stable I cannot switch
>>
>liking flowers
>>59476144
This, OP is pansy.
>>
>>59476922
>press the Windows button, wait for the 5s animation to finish, type program name, wait till it finishes searching the world wide web, move down because the search knows what you want more than you do and enter
ftfy
>>
File: PRISM-dates-began.jpg (214KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
PRISM-dates-began.jpg
214KB, 700x525px
>>59476536
That will protect you, don't worry.
>>
>>59477237
You can disable the animation, you can disable web searches too. You can use a different program for it as well, like launchy.
>>
>>59477185
I remember saying "I like how windows 10 tiles windows" until I decided to try to show windows stacked or side by side by right clicking on the taskbar. That shit is broken on 10. Works fine on 8.1 and, IIRC, on 7.

Virtual desktops is something that can be fixed through software.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.