[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/... I got a spooky problem. I'm only posting this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Emi.png (497KB, 806x628px) Image search: [Google]
Emi.png
497KB, 806x628px
hey /g/... I got a spooky problem.

I'm only posting this on /g/ because I couldn't find anything after a bit of googling so maybe one of you would know.

So my hard drive had lost a lot of space very rapidly in the last month or so and I was like "meh," figured it might be a virus or something but I just shrugged it off as downloading to many games on steam. So recently the last 44 gigs i had left filled up and I'm left with 1 gig. So I decided I would get to the bottom of this tonight. I downloaded winderstat and I found the source. There were around 20 3.8 gig mp4 files of my desktop. It was when I just left on during the night.

Nothing was happening during that time, I was probably asleep. Thing is, the folder that these videos are in the folder where I stored some videos that I made to put on youtube. I'm thinking of all the programs I could have accidentally ran like shadowplay or obs but I haven't even touched those in months. I don't think a virus would have stored videos on my hdd.

Maybe this is a problem for /x/...
>>
File: O.jpg (78KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
O.jpg
78KB, 640x1136px
fuck, i was looking some more and there is some videos of the same size when I was playing some games. This is fucking freaking me out.
>>
File: CoreyInTheHouse.jpg (35KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
CoreyInTheHouse.jpg
35KB, 547x692px
>>59474989
They are from over a year ago too.
>>
File: 1487446931059.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487446931059.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>59474950
>worst girl
>>
>>59475051
may be worst girl to you...

but she was first girl for me.
>>
You just accidentally turned on a screen recording thing and left it on
>>
>>59474950
you keep fat fingering the FRAPS key and it breaks it into 3.8gb chunks
if its lossless thata like 2 minutes of footage.
>>
>>59475072
>but she was first girl for me.

>let's make hisao run faster on the track i hope he gets another heart attack and dies
>HAHA FUCK YOU HERE'S EMI'S ROUTE
>>
>>59474950
It could be one of them infinity folders that just links back to itself and its contents.
>>
>>59475263
Emi's route was pretty nice desu

Shit now I wanna play ks again
>>
>>59474950

Bring up disk usage stats and it will tell you what's taking up all that space?
>>
>>59474950

I just want to interject to say that twenty 3.8 GB files are literally peanuts and basically you're a huge faggot. However the fact that all the videos are the same size is consistent with a size cap or (something something). Maybe you even have some of your shitty manchildren software set up so it starts with Windows and it then records based on the time or running programs or (something something). Type msgconfig in the "run" box and see all the services and startup programs and check if your gaymer e-celeb wannabe shit is there somewhere. I just disable everything but the antivirus; even the GPU control suite and the sound service aren't actually needed in order for those things to work properly, so you might want to disable everything but the antivirus or (something something). Also fuck you, this board is not your tech support asshole.
>>
>>59476533

msconfig*
>>
>>59474950
Get windirstat and run it to see what is taking up space
>>
File: 1453391564587.jpg (31KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
1453391564587.jpg
31KB, 356x374px
>>59476445
>>59476566
not OP, but both of y'all need to learn how to fucking read.
>>
File: 1457119637176-2.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457119637176-2.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>59475263
>accept anal
>worst girl
>>
>>59474950
look at the "modified at" metadata of the vids. can you find something they all have in common?
If so: delete all you do not need, and during the time where most are being created, open up your task manager, show all processes and sort them by disk access.
The program that writes like crazy at that time is probably at fault.
>>
>>59475072
Newfag
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.