[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this memed to oblivion? Solus is a genuinely nice distro,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Why was this memed to oblivion?
Solus is a genuinely nice distro, been using it for a couple of weeks and it's been great.
>>
>>59472771
Fucking forgot to redo neofetch.

Soz for the innacurate ram/uptime.
>>
>>59472771
Because everything that gets "memed" here is actually good.
>>
File: 1474162863583.png (557KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
1474162863583.png
557KB, 1280x809px
fool
memes are good
>>
>>59472864
>>59472829
Have you seen the memes regarding this?

Who the fuck is Kevin?
>>
>>59472885
so what
look at the way gentoo gets memed,
meanwhile portage is the absolute most powerful, most flexible, be all end all, package manger in the history of linux
and once you're comfortable with it, you will not ever use anything else
>>
>>59472976
>install Gentoo
>have fun compiling your own kernel
VS
>He fell for the meme
>Kevinnet
>it's shit
>no apps
>fuck off Kevin
>>
>>59473238
>caring what anonymous fishnetters on a mongolian clam harvesting forum care
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>59472771
>Why was this memed to oblivion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgbUBoxa48
>>
>>59472976
>>59473238
At least gentoo doesn't have systemd. I'm currently using Manjaro, but after reading all kinds of different articles about systemd I'm thinking about getting rid of it. It just feels wrong.
>>
>chinese devs
>>
>>59473290
Manjaro has a non-systemdicks version
>>
>>59473290
manjaro officially supports openrc
and its virtually hassle free to replace systemd with it on other distros, openrc is very easy to set up

>>59473238
I was defending memes in general, and generally they're good, but there's certainly plenty of foul ones floating around as well
>>
>>59473348
>Ikey Doherty
>Chinese
What the fuck?
>>
>>59473290
Void Linux also doesn't use systemd
>>
>>59473659
>>59473290
What's wrong with SystemD?

And no memes please, honest answer.
>>
OP here.
Is there any serious reason to not use this distro?
Really enjoying it so far, like it more than Ubuntu, Mint and Fedora.
>>
File: 2017-03-10 19.55.28.png (263KB, 900x704px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-10 19.55.28.png
263KB, 900x704px
>>59473691
>thread about the validity of memes
>no memes plz

Take your pick:
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
>>
>>59472771
god damnit kevin
>>
>>59473705
no support
no software
not customizable

it's a shitty babby first distro. What's the point of linux if you can't break it.
>>
>>59473747
>No support
Elaborate.

>No software
has plenty software in the repositories, I would know since I'm using it right now to type this.

>not customizable
Yes it fucking is, just mayne not as much as XFCE. On a side note, other than moving the taskar to the bottom I am very satisfied with the design/aesthetics and feel no need to customize it further. This obsession with tinkering is what's turning so many people off from linux in my experience, just use something that looks nice and works "out the box".
>>
>>59472771

Kevin its enough
>>
>>59473747
>no support
Lol what? Devs work very closely with the community to fix/patch any bugs. They have a forum, a G+ page, IRC channel, etc.

>no software
That's an outright lie

>not customizable
Yes it fucking is. You can use different icons, widgets, themes, cursors, and move shit around on the desktop.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should outright lie about it. Faggot.
>>
>>59473774
Literally who?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.