[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All these clickbait articles about how Windows Vista is dying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Windows_ME_06.jpg (504KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_ME_06.jpg
504KB, 1024x768px
>All these clickbait articles about how Windows Vista is dying finally and how it was the worst and most hated Microsoft OS
It's like these people don't even remember Windows ME. Vista was much better as long as you had the RAM to run it.
>>
you're dead inside sage desu
>>
>>59463716
It was better but it was still pretty bad. The RAM requirements were awfully steep for the time. Aero was always crap. And they made UAC way too aggressive. It warned about absolutely everything, which meant that everyone just turned it off and ran as an administrator like they always had, defeating one of its main features.
>>
it was shit, win xp came out a year later
in the year 2000 there were a lot less computers than 2007
the facebook boom made people buy laptops, at that time they came with vista installed so there's a lot of people who tried vista, but only a few who used me
>>
>>59463716
>Me
>bad
Get a load of this faggot.
Vista is good too if not run on a P4 toaster
>>59463827
>Aero was always crap.
No.
>>
ran fine for me with 1 gig of ram and a 3200+ s939 amd
>>
>>59463716
It was god-tier eventually but it launched with steep (for the day) hardware requirements and almost non-existent driver support.
>>
GUYS

WHAT IF
JUST WHAT IF

Microsoft made shit OSes to put in OEM boxes to then sell XP in retail?
>>
File: Colin.gif (626KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
Colin.gif
626KB, 200x320px
>>59463827
pretty much
>did you mean to close that gadget
>did you mean to insert that disc
>did you mean to open that word document
>did you mean to open Firefox
>did you mean to turn off your computer
>did you mean to reinstall XP
>did you mean to hang yourself
>>
>>59463827
>It warned about absolutely everything, which meant that everyone just turned it off and ran as an administrator like they always had, defeating one of its main features.
I wonder why people don't realize this is a turn-off of Linux for normies. Typing sudo and your password for too many tasks leads people to either want to run as root and have the simplest password possible.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.