[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My apologies if this isn't the place to ask I need a n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1455340501539.jpg (99KB, 589x594px) Image search: [Google]
1455340501539.jpg
99KB, 589x594px
My apologies if this isn't the place to ask

I need a new power supply since mine is making noise that sounds like bearings that have gone to shit now, considering this one unless anyone has a better suggestion. Needs to be at least 500w and has to have a six connector for my graphics card.

I'll admit Idk much about computers, I built mine mostly out of spare parts my brother left in the basement when he moved out. I am 100% positive that it's my psu making noise though. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817139144

picture obviously unrelated
>>
Not your personal tech support. Fuck off.
>>
>>59459195
Thanks asshole. A simple fucking question and you're too stuck up to answer it or at least point me in the right direction. You fuck off.
>>
>>59459229
Don't worry bro that guys a dick. If you install gentoo it should be able to tell you how much power youre drawing.

Then you can find an adequate PS
>>
>>59459306
I'm using just under 500w, like 498 I think last I checked. The only thing that I'm worried about is having the right connectors for everything. Might help to know whats in my computer I guess.

All I'm looking for is suggestions. I have a pretty good idea of what I need, I just don't want to buy something and then figure out I cant use it later.

asus m5a78l-m/usb3
8gb ddr3
geforce 1050 ti
2 hard drives, unsure exactly what they are
>>
>>59459362
>Don't want to buy something and figure out I can't use it later

That's what you're about to do. Buy a 700w+ PS. Just because technically your using below the max doesn't mean you want to be running it at full load like that the whole time. Get a PS that's rated over what you need like I said. They have cheap corsairs on Amazon start there.
>>
Fuck off shitskin
>>
>>59459154
look up johnny guru reviews
he is autistic about power supplies
>>
be quiet! dark power pro 550W. one of the most silent PSUs you can get. it was nominated as the most silent PSU available, even more silent than passively cooled PSUs, because of no buzzing sounds/noises and SilentWings 3.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.