[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who has a beater laptop? One that I take with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: laptop-cracked-lcd.jpg (48KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
laptop-cracked-lcd.jpg
48KB, 400x261px
Am I the only one who has a beater laptop? One that I take with me that I am not concerned about getting damaged because it's already in bad shape?
>>
yes you're the only one in the world
so unique
>>
>>59457037
/thread
>>59457032
Fuck you. Go back to your city.
>>
isn't the point of a laptop to take it with you? Why would you buy a nice laptop and then use a shitty laptop instead? Are you autistic
>>
>>59457064
I don't have a nice laptop. I have a nice desktop.
>>
>>59457089

so then you just have a laptop, having a "beater" laptop implies you have a nicer one you don't use as often, only having the one makes this a really pointless thread
>>
>>59457032
Nope I've got the one that I use as my main computer and media center then my x220 that is a literal beater. It goes where I go. It's been dropped, spilled on, forced to crash, manhandled, jizzed on, and fucking still runs like new
>>
$300 i3 Chromebook running Arch
>>
I'm still using my Macbook Air 13 from 2012. Battery life is shit because the battery needs changed but I don't feel like getting it replaced [spoiler]even though I work in a fucking Apple store[/spoiler] mostly because I'm poor.

Its got multiple corners kind of dented in, some scratches on the aluminum, mini display port has a slight dent so I can barely get a cable in there.

Its also missing a foot (which I could also get replaced)

I don't really want to get a touch bar MBP, I also don't really have a need for a new laptop

>inb4 take care of your shit
I always did but then one day my dog knocked it off the corner of the couch and dented the corner, from there I never cared as much about small stuff.

Hoping to get another year or two out of it.

My previous MBP was nearly perfect.
>>
>>59457472
I use a refurbished MacBook Air from early 2015.

It was my first Apple product ever and I actually like it. I definitely wouldn't pay the Apple Tax for it though.

Got any good Apple store stories my friend?
>>
>>59457032
wtf why is your laptop being damaged? it is not easy to drop or anything like a phone, are you some kind of clutzy idiot?
>>
>>59457493
Not really.

Obviously some really bad customers, but some really cool ones as well.

I've met a couple celebrities (not like big celebrities) which was sort of cool. I'm not really one of the people to go OMG amazing.

Not too long ago I met a guy who flew F4 Phantoms, which was awesome. Being a technician I didn't have as much time to talk to him as I would have liked.

It is a really nice job. I really enjoy it. I work with amazing people.
>>
>>59457032
wtf even is the point of this thread
>>
I talked to a crazy old guy who machined the wings on F4s in the factory.

I have a stack of identical old laptops from work. most of them function. I hate to see perfectly good shitposting equipment get thrown away. We're in a golden age of cheap used shit that just werks.

At work we buy cheap refurbished dells for employees because people are constantly spilling shit on the keyboards and breaking screens. Why buy new shit they won't take care of?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.