[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY NINE POUNDS. £789, FOR AN X220 WITH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 789.jpg (54KB, 746x463px) Image search: [Google]
789.jpg
54KB, 746x463px
SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY NINE POUNDS.

£789, FOR AN X220 WITH FREETARD SHIT PRE-INSTALLED. EASY SHIT THAT TAKES 30 MINUTES TO INSTALL.

FREETARDS WILL DEFEND THIS.
>>
>>59456678
>Thinkpads

Haha
>>
File: speecy.png (39KB, 668x530px) Image search: [Google]
speecy.png
39KB, 668x530px
BOTNET MASTER RACE!
>>
>>59456742

>ultrawide monitor
>HDD as boot device

You're a fucking teenage pleb.
>>
How much is that in real money?
>>
>>59456779

978.16 petroburger patties.

Almost $1,000 for an X220. That's not even the highest configuration.
>>
>>59456678

Why is it so expensive? I doubt its a brand new ThinkPad.
>>
>>59456678
>>59456930
low demand, procedure fee, and the rest is donation

they probably did the math and figured out that they profit the most with that cost, even if its too expensive for most people
>>
>>59456976

Anyone who's into freetard shit already knows how to buy a laptop off ebay and install software. Freetards are also cunts who never donate shit to anyone, maybe some redditors do but I doubt they've shipped more than 2 of these units.
>>
>>59456994
then what are you complaining about if you know how to get it for cheaper?

it's a donation and you get the bonus of convenience
>>
>>59456678
whuh?

could I buy some of these used chinkpads off of ebay and install libreboot on them and then sell them for twice the price?
>>
>>59456678
>Freetards will defend this
I wont. If you know how to install libreboot yourself fucking do it, dont give this jew extra money because he did a little tinkering. If you don't know how to, learn; its not that tough. dont spend more money because youre a lazy piece of shit
>>
now we won't
just do it yourself
>>
>>59456678
Get a used one from ebay for <$150
>>
>>59456678
someone's gotta pay for the hormoes for the tranny fsggot that runs libreboot.
>>
File: memebooks.png (133KB, 975x566px) Image search: [Google]
memebooks.png
133KB, 975x566px
Since we're here, are these a meme? They're a bit pricey, but if the firmware really is more trustworthy I'd be inclined to get one. I was also reading that people seem to be making some progress on the Intel ME thing which would make these even more appealing soon.

I'm honestly only hesitant because they're based in CA and have a meme address (puri.sm) and have a lot of leftist garbage on their websites. It just reeks of the botnet.
>>
>>59456678
FSF yet again being shown how their ideology consists purely of blackmailing.
>>
>>59456678
Whats so bad about this? someone bothered to do this and people are fanboy enough to buy it
I did something similar to this when i was on college, but with hackintosh instead of loonix.
>>
>It uses quad-core Core i5-2410M CPU (or higher)
Woah hold my dick bro.
I thought Intel went full backdoor and was never going back, did they get around the unfree blobs or work out a deal with Intel to remove them?
>>
>>59456767
Locked CPU on a Z board as well lma
>>
>>59458067
>$1,299
>$1,499
>$1,699
*wheeze*
>>
>>59458264
Hold your own dick, you fuckin homo.
>>
>>59458362
>It is extremely unlikely that any post-2008 Intel hardware will ever be supported in libreboot, due to severe security and freedom issues; so severe, that the libreboot project recommends avoiding all modern Intel hardware.
I don't want to fight about this honey, I just need a dicky quicky explanation of how free libreboot is.
>>
File: 1388531740885.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388531740885.gif
2MB, 375x375px
that superior feel when you bought a 7th gen based laptop from system76

muh lemur
muh arch
muhhhh
>>
>Libreboot

it should be actually cheaper. I should get paid to install that. Fucking people with mental disorders.
>>
>>59456767
Depending on size those ultrawide 1080p monitors are dirt cheap. Especially LG. It probably didn't take much convincing for anon to justify to his mum why he needs it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.