[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 (like performance)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42KB, 645x484px
Are there any good reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 (like performance) if I don't care about the botnet?
>>
bash
>>
Cortana?
>>
>>59455206
no
>>
yeah if you have touch screen.
>>
>>59455128
powershell
>>
If you're still using Windows Defender, an update will give you updated virus definitions.
>>
>>59455128
>Full UWP support if you're programming for Windows environments.
>DirectX 12 if you're a gaymer and want the latest games to run with it.
>Better connectivity with Microsoft services like Office, OneDrive and Xbox Live.
>Cortana if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
File: file.png (988KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
988KB, 1366x768px
The taskbar looks way better, specially on a side.

There are some nice apps, like Groove and Photos. Some games are exclusive too.

Yeah, better performance.

Ubuntu on Windows, Developer mode, Hyper-V, Poweshell

Improved File Explorer, Task Manager, among other apps.

Improvements with each mayor release, the upcoming Creators Update brings 3D Painting, Gaming mode, and blue light reduction.
>>
>>59455128
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
>>
>>59455128
No, And LTSB is the only usable version. Unlike the shit that this faggot >>59455613 is using.
>>
>>59456181
What's the difference?
>>
>>59456217
Nothing related to store and universal mobile crap. Only Win32.
>>
Anyone know how to disable the whole "double" settings thing. Instead of going to advanced everyone.
Like an if you know what your doing option or something.
>>
File: nier menu GUI sample.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
nier menu GUI sample.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>59455613
That's pretty fucking ugly. Even the interface from a videogame looks better.
>>
>>59456986
Wait a month
>>
I have a shitty SSD ( kingston vnow300) and it boots in literally like 4 seconds. Windows 7 took at least 15-20, maybe more.
>>
>>59457001
>I love my UI to look like a fucking tiger electronics game!

Do you do jankem
>>
yes.
You need windows 10 for dx12 support, which usually results in a pretty significant performance boost in AMD cards. As time goes on, more and more games will begin to use it.

Also, I would strongly recommend downloading an iso of enterprise ltsb, since it doesn't come with any microsoft bloatware like cortana, edge, or the ms store. It also comes with group policy editor which lets you do things like disable automatic updates, and lower telemetry down to 'security' level, which would otherwise be impossible to do on any other version of windows.
>>
>>59457424
half the games I play still run DX9
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.