[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GPU Passthrough for gaming? does it worth? i will need a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1489615752661.jpg (3MB, 3500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1489615752661.jpg
3MB, 3500x2300px
GPU Passthrough for gaming? does it worth? i will need a new pc mine is a samsung series 7 np700z7c
>>
just DUAL BOOT you fucking moron
>>
>>59451502
>Most CPUs have iGPU now.
>Still have to buy a GPU to play most games
What's the problem?
>>
Kill yourself, you fucking retard.
>>
>>59451474
I've been looking into doing the same thing. Running windows virtually is definitely preferred for me.
>>
>>59451474
Hello pajeet
>>
>>59451474
Samsung devices generally only support running Android or occasionally UbuntuOS. If you want to run linux, I suggest purchasing a Dell or HP computer and installing it on there. Fair warning: it will most likely not work and you will have to call support to get the drivers.
Windows is another good option but the new version spies on you for upgrading so I suggest purchasing a brand new copy. I have heard that you can install both on the same PC, but My windows 10 disc doesn't offer that as an option so you may have to hack your firmware to make it possible. Either way I wish you much luck and fun in your upcoming gaming adventures and remember that there is a sale on EA Origin right now buy one Mass Effect Andromeda get a second slightly buggy copy for free.

Hope this helps Anon.
>>
grow up you fucking retard

lmfao
>>
>>59451474

there are a lot of guides and even videos in jewtube

I would recommend to watch them

is it worth it?

ask yourself:

do I have enough money?
do I use linux exclusively?
do I have time to make the setup?
do I have time to troubleshoot problems?
di I have a spare pc to look for info if something go wrong?
do I like games a lot?

if all of them are yes, then go for it. If more than half are yes, dual boot. If less than half are yes. don't bother, it's not worth it (for you).
>>
What would be a good distro to use if I want to do GPU passthrough, if I don't want to use Arch or Gentoo?
>>
>>59451474
you are not playing them IN gnu/linux
it's like using linux as a passthrough
>>
>>59451502
op here i did dual boot, too much time to change os, im tired of windows its like you have no choice, now i saw there is this i wanted to ask to others who know more, so windows only for play everything else linux.
shit storm started when i wanted to play nwn in windows 10, read some threads about dx compatibility issues on old games, wtf then saw the all windows spies on us, the store in w10 already bothered me already, like they say fuck u, you want to play here's all the other shit u dont like. so thanks all for the info and its no 4chan if someone doesnt tells you kill yourself or retard ajjajajajajajajjja
>>
>>59451474
>>>59451474
>Samsung devices generally only support running Android or occasionally UbuntuOS. If you want to run linux, I suggest purchasing a Dell or HP computer and installing it on there. Fair warning: it will most likely not work and you will have to call support to get the drivers.
>Windows is another good option but the new version spies on you for upgrading so I suggest purchasing a brand new copy. I have heard that you can install both on the same PC, but My windows 10 disc doesn't offer that as an option so you may have to hack your firmware to make it possible. Either way I wish you much luck and fun in your upcoming gaming adventures and remember that there is a sale on EA Origin right now buy one Mass Effect Andromeda get a second slightly buggy copy for free.
>
>Hope this helps Anon.
>>59451576
>>59451617
yes i like challenges and allways willing to learn
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.