[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a single advantage of linux over macos other than being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4598.jpg (87KB, 545x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4598.jpg
87KB, 545x754px
Name a single advantage of linux over macos other than being 'free'.
>>
File: Screenshot 143.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 143.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59449079
ive been told u can hotswap the kernel, i guess nerds think thats better than using a good os or having access to good software
>>
it's open source
>>
Different window managers and customization.
>>
It can be headless
>>
File: 1473781073696.gif (1MB, 453x344px) Image search: [Google]
1473781073696.gif
1MB, 453x344px
>>59449079
>opensource
>open to interpretation
>wider market for applications == more options
>more text based applications
>lighter software
>not as much spyware
>learn more about how operating systems work
>>
>>59449079
One thing that linux offers over mac is that it is a software operating system designed for hacking and cracking, so if you are looking to do those things, and aware of the SIGNIFICANT risks, you should look no further than Linux and its derivative: BSD unix.
If you are looking for a full computer made for musical professionals as well as young people and students, Apple's Macintosh iOS is the best option for you. You will be immune to viruses and it ill integrate nicely with your AppleTV and Apple Watch.

It is important to remeber that both Operation systems are Free, and can be obtained for no cost on the internet, but for the Aplle you may have to buy a computer if yours is obsolete. Also contrary to popular belief, bot are OPEN source, Apple through the Darwin initiative, and Linux through the GNU project, so feel free to tinker within the terms of your end user agreement.

I hope this helps Anon.
>>
with the exception of pedo desktop posters, none.
>>
>>59449079
It has systemd and by extension systemctl
>>
>>59449079
Supports more hardware than OS X
>>
>>59449192
gimme that wallpaper f4mpai
>>
>>59451712
>Both are open source
You can operate Linux without any proprietary software.
Just because Darwin is open source doesn't mean macOS should be considered open source, the overwhelming majority of it is closed.
>>
>>59449192
>>59451841
fucking degenerate scum
>>
>>59451867
anime website
>>
>>59451867
thanks you too

>>59451870
ayy thanks
>>
>>59451889
>>59451889
I will download it too, so beautiful!!

about the post

> light
> customizable
> respect my rights
>>
>>59451847
All software is PROPRIETARY. If you right software you OWN the INTELLECUAL property of that program. That means you have to pay for it. Anyone offering something different is a SCAM

Don't listen to theives and pirates OP. LEGALLY PURCHASE whatever software you want and enjoy it.
>>
>>59451712
>BSD is a Linux derivative
You're a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>59451821
came here to post this
>>
botnet
>>
>>59449079

The file picker can actually expose the root of the filesystem. Checkmate.
>>
>>59449079
Always has the most bleeding edge features. Any RFC will be implemented on linux first
No built-in telemetry and tracking, don't kid yourself thinking Apple doesn't do this too. They are part of PRISM as well
Total control over every feature of my system if I really wanted to.
No need for Apple's shitty UI, I can use a tiling WM instead
Everything can be done on the terminal meaning I can script any action and automate it
Popular open source software is less prone to serious security vulnerabilities due to many eyes looking at it
More/better libraries to develop with.
More/better tools for software development
More/better tools for "hacking" and reverse engineering related fields
Best networking support of any OS. Almost all protocols used for internet communication are present
More games than mac
Better support for Wine
>>
macos is also free on torrent websites
>>
>>59456100
'free as in beer' is a very different type of free than 'free as in freedom'
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.