[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to host something on my ip address but my router doensn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I want to host something on my ip address but my router doensn't let me,
please help me I have tried all:
I have enabled port forwarding and I can see my website from the IP in the picture, but when I to access from an external network The pages doesn't load.
And also when I try to look up my public ip from other websites, It's different from the one that my router tell me (see the pic) and I cannot load pages even from internal network

Here is a picture of the main page of the router
>>
File: Screenshot (6).png (78KB, 1012x760px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (6).png
78KB, 1012x760px
shit I have uploaded the wrong pic
>>
>>59445909

>Here is a picture of the main page of the router

where exactly?
>>
>>59445918

sry, I was just a second to soon .
>>
>>59445909
Most reasonable explanation is you're behind ISP's proxy. Talk to them about having a public IP address.
>>
>>59445931
PTM?
>>
>>59445909
What is the model of the modem?
If it is from a ISP than they may have disabled opening ports to prevent people from hosting servers, forcing customers to buy a business, enterprise line.
>>
>>59445934
??? ???
>>
>>59445931
This and also make sure you use a real router, never heard of the brand of the one you posted. I bet it's one of those shitty ISP issued ones. Worked with them before and they have buttons that just don't do anything. It just says port forward but it really doesn't while a $5 wrt54g will do it
>>
>>59445931
thank you, now I try to call my ISP

>>59445947
it's a shitty modem gave me by my ISP, ADB VV2222
>>
>>59445931
Doesn't look like a proxy is involved, they're probably just dropping port 80 requests like a lot of residential providers have done since mid 2000s. Try port forwarding wan:8080 to local_ip:80 and see if it works.
>>
>>59445961
you're going to want to replace it either way

isp issued modem/router combos are all shit designed to stop grandmas from calling their support centers

the way to do this is to turn on bridging mode or DMZ
>>
>>59446028
What's more likely to happen: OP takes your advice, fucks up network config, calls ISP for support, "it must be your router"
>>
>>59446096
so what's this, some form of stupidity defense? he could also take the 5 minutes to learn how to set it up. Or since they all come with dhcp on by default there will be no config. what is this doing on /g/?
>>
>>59446155
Nothing to do with stupidity, OP shouldn't have to buy their own router or set up pfSense/ClearOS just to forward a port. Not everyone on /g/ is a network admin.
>>
OP here,
I have just called my ISP: I have forwarded correctly the port, I'm not that stupid.
The problem is that I am behind their proxy, now they're setting up a static IP for me
>>
>>59446248
I tried to do this a year ago. This is probably why I couldn't do it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.