[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just bought new laptop, it came with the win7 installed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I've just bought new laptop, it came with the win7 installed but I'm thinking about formatting and reinstalling it, which windows should i install?
10?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-16_18-41-58.png (191KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-16_18-41-58.png
191KB, 1366x768px
>>59445321
You're better than that anon. At the very least set up a dual boot.
>>
>>59445321
>>59445357
Oh and you might as well just go with 10. The tracking updates and everything are backported to the old versions anyways.
>>
>>59445321
10 is fine.

7 and 8.1 have the same telemetry now, so there's really no argument for them.
>>
>>59445357
of course i will, but i didn't want others to shitpost about windows and also about >hurr durr why elementary os

>>59445393
that fucking sucks, i thought im safe with win7
>>
I'm kinda in the same boat OP. I would prefer to get a laptop with 7, but the eol is in 3 years so I'm thinking of just getting 10. The only problem is I've seen all the shit on here about 10 forcing you to use windows approved programs and all that other crap.
>>
>>59447862
for work/gayming find the legendary "ltsb enterprise edition" of windows 10 that has the "minimal" tracking (gives you options and you can set it to minimal, but still can't close it) at least you'll have control over updates
and consider dual booting with linux for shitposting
i think i will remove windows 7 after 2020, wasn't really using it anyway
>>
>>59445393
10 is broken, slow, shit and ugly
7 and 8.1 don't have it built in from the get go and are telemetry free without the updates for it.
>>
>>59445321
10 is the best version of Windows yet. Anyone that says otherwise is just letting the telemetry and ads warp their view of it.

Just disable the tips and tricks prompts and turn off automatic updates and you're set. You're fucked if you're in the en-US region though, they get the most ads.
>>
>>59445321
10 is horrible. Stay with 7 if you can.
>>
>>59445321
Gentoo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.