[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that major distros are in the process of leaving 32bit support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: installvoid.jpg (9KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
installvoid.jpg
9KB, 160x159px
now that major distros are in the process of leaving 32bit support will you install void
>>
>>59443245
No, because its 2017 and you SHOULD own a 64bit machine by now. What sort of idiot thinks that it's still acceptable to use a 32bit machine.
>>
>>59443245

No one fucking runs an i686 OS these days anyway.
>>
every time I tried it failed during install
>>
>>59444009
You're just incompetent. Void worked fine for me. I don't use it because of a lack of packages and don't have time to be my own package maintainer.
>>
>>59443982
>>59444002
>falling for the 64bit meme
>>
I already run void on my 32bit machine. Works great. Not much to bloat down the old hardware either.
>>
>>59443982
>because all machines are x86
kill yourself shitstain
>>
>>59443982
"no"

>>59443245
I already installed Void.
It's fucking great, full disk encryption, the latest kernels, libressl, a non autistic package manager.
Feels good man.
>>
>another meme distro

No thanks.
>>
>>59444166
>>59444130
do you have to make from source
can i use firefox bin from mozilla ftp
how bad are fonts
>>
Are there any modern 32-bit computers, or is this for people who don't want to leave a decade-old one behind?
>>
>>59444243
>do you have to make from source
No, it's a binary distro.
>can i use firefox bin from mozilla ftp
It has Firefox and Icecat in the repos.
>how bad are fonts
Looks the same as Arch to me.
>>
>>59444243
It's binary by default, but there is the option to build from source if you want to add patches or need some compile options.
Sure, you can on any Distro. If you mean through the package manager then you'll have to modify the build script to pull from that location.
Fonts are Linux default, which is now decent thanks to a recent freetype update. You can roll back to an older version of freetype and fontconfig if you really want infinality.
>>
>>59444247
mostly the latter
>>
Which was the last x86-only CPU? I think it would be some shitty Atom or something.
>>
>>59444427
Core Duo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.