[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at a monthly 1 on 1 with boss >claims some manager said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1489291110866.jpg (22KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489291110866.jpg
22KB, 234x250px
>at a monthly 1 on 1 with boss
>claims some manager said I wrote sloppy code
>ask for specific examples and the specific project
>can't give me any straight answers
>have had my code reviewed by the most anal retentive software engineers known to man on almost every project, never got any major complaints except for white space and error handling concerns.
>made sure to address all concerns brought up in code reviews
>ask which developer made that assumption since it's obvious a manager wouldn't know the first thing about judging code quality.
>refuses to give any names

How is that constructive criticism? I can't improve what someone saw as sloppy unless I saw the code they where critiquing. Either someone is dragging my name through the mud or the manager is trying to rustle my jimmies.
>>
cool story bro
>>
>>59438720
Any tips on how I should get some answers?
>>
Nice blog.
>>
>"sir I think I deserve a raise"
>"lol sorry anon but manager says your code is shit"
that's why
>>
Well, did you use tabs or spaces?
>>
bring in all the assholes, and make them explain to boss and manager the niggerness of your code, or the non-niggerness of your code, faggot op.
>>
>>59438689
They're trying to replace you with outsourced indians.
Just ignore them, your name is already on the layoff list.
>>
File: 960.jpg (43KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
43KB, 960x540px
>>59439370
I keep hoping they'll lay me off so I can still use them as a reference and not look bad for quitting or getting fired. I truly hate that place with all of my soul.
>>
>>59439370
This

Pajeet is going to love your (his) job!
>>
File: 1469029440852.png (439KB, 659x673px) Image search: [Google]
1469029440852.png
439KB, 659x673px
>>59438689
>have to do monthly review of least favourite employee
>this obese turd has been a problem since day one
>smells like burnt cabbage and looks like a hobo, god damn why did hr give me this thing
>other employees hate him, seem to actively avoid talking to him, I kinda get the impression they think he might bring his hello kitty themed mossin nagant to work and go on a kawaii rampage some day soon
>bring up concerns from other managers and programmers about how difficult his programming is to follow
>I'm told his formatting is all over the show, there's often no extensibility, that he relies on a million go tos, sloppy really
>he jumps up to his feet when I say this, still at my eye level
>freaks out and demands I tell him who said this about his code
>apparently he can't handle criticism at all, I can see why nobody wants to say anything about his work to him
>the smell of burnt cabbage gets worse
>he starts screaming about some obscure consumer electronics IRC that reviews all his code or something
>cut meeting short, thank him for his time, will consider terminating his employment over the weekend
>>
>>59438809
MMMOOOOOOODDDDDDDDSSSSS
>>
>>59440280
t. neet
>>
File: 1488425834475.jpg (42KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488425834475.jpg
42KB, 720x720px
>>59440280
I have IBS and a ton of stomach problems. I try my best to work around it, I watch what I eat every single day, I drink water and coffee when I wake up to make sure I shit in the morning before I go to work. I try yoga poses to reduce the amount of gas I experience.

And still I get gas/bloating at work. It embarrasses the fuck out of me because I'm still young and I shouldn't be having these problems in my 20s. My self conciousness about it is the primary reason I'm still single, it's the reason that it's difficult for me to forge relationships, it's the reason why I spent my time in constant seclusion when I'm not at work. My stomach and gas ruins my fucking life anon.

As mad as this guy makes you for doing his job, some of us just don't have the same control over our bodies that everyone else has. My anxiety is out of control, my blood pressure is slightly elevated because of this, and I cry from stress every morning that my symptoms are flaring up. Maybe don't be so critical of his smell.

inb4 this becomes pasta and I kill myself.
>>
>>59441163
Quit eating sugar/glucose/bread/alcohol/fruit. Do it for a week. Only eat a ketogenic diet of fats, meats and vegetables. Cold turkey. Not even sugar in store bought sauce.
>>
>>59441214
I don't drink alcohol aside from very rare occasion. I've given up everything on that list over the course of my life, tried many diets, removed gluten entirely for extended periods of time, and even been tested for many food allergies. I don't know what to tell you I'm just broken.

Everytime I mention this, I get the same suggestions from people like you who think you know the answer. I've been dealing with this for 10+ years, but I've seen signs of it my entirely life so I've had plenty of time to try diet changes.
>>
>>59441271
entire* ffs
>>
>>59438794
this make them an hero
>>
>>59441271
Fecal transplant. Get some new colonic flora. Minimally find some decent high-diversity probiotics online not that health food store mall bullshit.

Your microbiome is out of whack.
>>
>>59441360
how the fuck do you lose your gut bacteria?
you need that shit to live and it enters your gut as soon as you enter the atmosphere when you're born
>>
Had this terrible problem myself with the added bonus of sweating like Shrek. Cutting out caffeine relieved both issues completely. Good luck.
>>
>>59441377
You don't lose them, you just get suboptimal populations flourishing.
>>
>>59441360
Probiotics do tend to help. Greek yogurt for instance with 'active cultures'.

>>59441389
Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>59438689
>trading your valuable time and effort for fiat money

You're getting what you deserve, wage-slave.
>>
>>59441389
This is worth a try.

Also consider taking supplements which aid in digestion, sometimes it's about how well/effectively stuff is metabolised in the gut, my mother takes some which indirectly improve the quality of her skin (gets eczema etc), I believe the product is called Intestaid:

http://www.nucleotidenutrition.com/our-products/intestaidib/

Looks like they deal with IBS too, give them a try if you can source them in your country.
>>
>>59438689
Sounds like they're looking for a reason to get rid of you, probably for being a sperg
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.