[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is driving me nuts, does anyone know where a gif of a lecturer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: cs_math_venn.png (27KB, 400x165px) Image search: [Google]
cs_math_venn.png
27KB, 400x165px
This is driving me nuts, does anyone know where a gif of a lecturer crossing out the words "computer" and "science" on the board? Looked like a pretty old lecture from the 90s.

Also, who /cs major/ here? I'm in my second year and I'm shocked how many people are dropping like flies in my classes. Shit isn't very hard but I suppose it's just hard for them to see the applications.
>>
>>59425171
Yeah I know where a gif of a lecturer crossing out the words "computer" and science on the board.
>>
File: Computer_Science.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Computer_Science.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Here you go pham
>>
>falling for the CS meme
You're going to end up a bitter code monkey like all the other code monkeys on this board.
>>
>>59425309
Thank you based anon.

>>59425335

>t. college dropout
>>
>>59425357
>t. bitter script kiddie in an over saturated job market
>>
File: can'tdealwithit1416377160849.gif (1MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
can'tdealwithit1416377160849.gif
1MB, 500x210px
>some one on /g/ unironically not knowing about sicp, let alone having seen the lectures or read the book
all hope is lost
/g/ is officially dead
>>
>>59425407
wait, so what you're saying is this isn't the new desktop thread?
>>
>>59425407

>not watching lectures mean you haven't read the book

The book is objectively more effective to learn from
>>
>>59425171
>Also, who /cs major/ here? I'm in my second year and I'm shocked how many people are dropping like flies in my classes. Shit isn't very hard but I suppose it's just hard for them to see the applications.

Yaa.

There are applications. They're not teaching you theory of computation for your health. The thing is how much there is to know. Some kids think there is some magic push button computer that will let them build video games or something. Then they go to the computer graphics class and are doing matrix math and calculating the Blinn-Phong shading model.

Another thing is - classes and readings are more theoretical. Assignments are usually toy problems. Towards the end or after a semester of taking a Java class I would go and write a real Java program. After a graphics class I would write a real program using graphics (or add to an existing one, or port an existing one to something else). After an AI/ML class, I wrote a real program to utilized machine learning (actually this had problems, but I learned about machine learning from the failure).

These kids don't have a lot of initiative. I've seen some people I knew make a shitload of money from programming and IT, so that motivates me. I also find it interesting etc.

If I was starting off as a CS student today, and I already had a class in some object-oriented language like C++ or Java, I would download the free Unity 3d IDE and write a simple video game for some platform - maybe mobile, maybe a desktop, maybe a console - whatever. You might need to learn C# and a little Javascript. Then I'd get an Android Pixel phone, pay $80 or whatever for the Daydream goggles, and write a VR game.
>>
>>59425335
>You're going to end up a bitter code monkey like all the other code monkeys on this board.

I think people underestimate how much work it takes to be successful. It involves going down a lot of blind alleys.
>>
>>59425335
>tfw fell for the nurse meme
feels pretty good to be in a recession- and automation-proof career that I didn't have to go into debt for.
>>
>>59427091
But you have handle dirty old people all day while risking getting diseases. Does it really feel that good to do a brainless job your entire life?
>>
>>59427487
This.

Nurse is thrash tier.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.