[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Apple will release a new macPro this year?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Mac-Pro-Front-Back.jpg (25KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mac-Pro-Front-Back.jpg
25KB, 800x450px
Is it true that Apple will release a new macPro this year?!

The 2013 version is so bad.

What hardware will be in it?! Could this thing potentially run a XEON with over 25 Cores?
>>
>>59421696

if they refresh the model, it'll most likely just be a current gen cpu, same core count + ddr4 and maybe a more recent gpu. other than that i doubt much is gonna happen. apple stopped caring about the professional market a while ago.
>>
They're not. The iMac will become the Pro replacement, this becoming the Msc desktop for Pros. The MacBook Pro will become the notebook for pros.

The iPad Air will become the notebook for consumers, the iPad Pro will become the desktop for consumers.

This brings them back to their product maps that brought them to the top.
>>
>>59421696
apple is killing themselves off as a company.

>stopped making airport router
>stopped making monitors
>haven't updated the popular with professionals macpro line in years
>macbook line is becoming more and more shit with every iteration

Whether they're knowingly doing this or not is uncertain. But they can't keep doing what they're doing. Even the iphone which you could say was once ahead of other smartphones has been on the decline since the 5, arguably 5s.

apple is kill
>>
>>59421696
wasn't the 2013 Mac Pro, at its time, the fastest computer you could possibly get from a retailer?
>>
>>59422424

>the fastest computer you could possibly get from a retailer?

well maybe the 10k+ version?! the base version was bad even for its time
>>
They're waiting for Naples to refresh it.
>>
>>59421696
>applel trash
>>
>>59421696
The only way apple is releasing another mac pro is if they admit the trashcan was a retarded mistake and return to at least an matx sized form factor with replaceable parts.
>>
File: CPUthrottle.png (46KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
CPUthrottle.png
46KB, 500x580px
>another overheating piece of shit that can barely do 2ghz watching youtube
For apple's sake I hope not. They need to stick to what they know best, making high tech cock rings.
>>
>>59422420
yet they are making more money than they ever were...
>>
>>59422581
at this point people are just consuming the brand. At least years prior there was an actual reason to own an apple product.
>>
>>59422545

the trash can has replaceable parts though
>>
>>59422678
What, an m.2 drive?
>>
I just care about the iPad Pro 2; Their pencil tech rivals the best Wacoms, and is actually better in some respects - using the damn thing as a glorified sketch-book is so satisfying for artists.
>>
>>59422693
Ram. Also uses a standard Intel socket. Honestly the only really shitty thing about it is the proprietary GPUs.
>>
>>59422955

you can upgrade them with an external GPU but the problem is that you are limited cause of thunderbolt 2 to 60% of the GPUs power
>>
>>59421696
Whatever they release will be two years old already and at least three times more than a really good PC workstation. Apple probably has a gong in their office and everyone laughs when some fuckwad hispster buys one of these things.
>>
>>59422420
No they just make more money on media and botnet. Computers are almost nothing to them, a decimal point in the annual report.
>>
>>59421874
can only hope for skylake-x cpus inside it. otherwise into the trash it goes.
>>
>>59423075
I want AMD Naples to be honest family
>>
>>59423099
that would be ideal, but amd don't have support for thunderbolt so im not sure how that would play out. thunderbolt is being used a lot at the moment in the pro audio sector.
>>
File: 1487505754186.png (241KB, 514x757px) Image search: [Google]
1487505754186.png
241KB, 514x757px
2 AMD Ryzen 1800x
Quadro M4000 ->
64GB ECC
500GB M.2 SSD
2x 1TB PCI-E SSD

Tnx
>>
>>59423168
They don't need native chipset support to add it. Naples has so many lanes that it would be perfect for the Mac Pro's model of expansion.
>>
>>59423196

>not 2 x 25 core XEONs in the full specced out version for $20k USD

lol
>>
>>59423225
Amd version can be low end and cheapest model, like all their products.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.