[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to return a GTX970 graphic card to Amazon for a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I have to return a GTX970 graphic card to Amazon for a friend who no longer wants it (it's not broken or anything), and on my PC I have a GTX960 installed
Do you think they'd notice/care at Amazon if I put the 970 in my computer and shipped back the 960 in the 970's box? Would I get flagged or something if they caught it? I mean, they look the fucking same...
>>
give it back tyrone
>>
File: 1480931051294.jpg (28KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1480931051294.jpg
28KB, 534x401px
>>59420976
Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>59420976
They won't notice it.
>>
>>59420976
They won't check it. Do it faggot.
>>
>>59421050
just try it and play dumb
>>
>>59420976

It's highly unlikely they will notice it, but you will trouble someone who buys the second-hand card via Amazon, and then gets 960 instead of 970. He or she will then have to complain and get a replacement.

At this point, Amazon might also check where they got the incorrect 970 from. Still very improbable they'd reprimand you.

Doesn't change the fact you'd be acting like a dick tho.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mj5qr61nUB1qz4rgp.gif (482KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mj5qr61nUB1qz4rgp.gif
482KB, 500x269px
>>59421216
Yeah, that's also something that I'd like to avoid; I'm not sure if they would just chuck it out or if they'd sell it again

If they really do sell second-hand stuff like that I guess I'll just keep my graphic card, it's not like it's giving me any problem
>>
it's worth a try, but I am sure they will check the serial number
>>
>>59420976

I have worked in an Amazon FC.

They will check it guaranteed. The person who checks it may not recognize the difference between a 960 and a 970.

Its getting checked because these things get resold as used for cheap so someones for sure going to look into it to check whats up with it.
>>
>>59422097
do they just check visually or actually put in in a test computer?
>>
for something that expensive they'll check it and you'll get funked in the bunk
>>
>>59422231

all depends on the first check because you get your money really quick.

Only 1 person has to approve the return as the item what happens after is amazons problem.

When you have your money you have it. You can always claim they fucked up in the FC and the 970 got lost or something because they approved it onces as a returned 970 so it was there.
>>
Sell it on eBay
Donate the profit to the FSF or EFF
Install Gentoo
>>
>>59423382
this
>>
>>59420976
Give it back Jamal
>>
Enjoy prison OP.
>>
i just bought a used 1080 on amazon for a good price. i get the package open up the 1080 box and theres a fucking 980 inside. was so mad but im getting a refund anyway. i was tempted to put back in my 760 that looks almost just like it but i decided to do the right thing in case they come after me

give it back rakeem
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.