[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any fucking phones that aren't absolute shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

Are there any fucking phones that aren't absolute shit? They all seem to be built to fail so you buy a new one. Are there any phones I can keep for 4 or 5 years? My moto x is 2 years old, the battery is ass, and it constantly fucks up.
>>
You're gonna have to look into phones that have removable batteries like the V20 since batteries fail before the internal NAND on most modern phones now.
>>
No.
>>
>>59409047
fucking jews
>>
File: 1487328660768.jpg (11KB, 198x328px) Image search: [Google]
1487328660768.jpg
11KB, 198x328px
>>59409015
>tfw I kept my Nexus 4 for about 4 years
>only replaced it because it stopped turning on, even when plugged in
>>
>>59409015
>the battery is ass
they always degrade, faster than any other part of your phone (unless you're using the audio jack a lot)
which is why having easily replaced batteries is a neccessity.
fags at apple realized they could get you to buy a whole new phone so they enclosed it
and all the chinks stole their idea and now you can't get a new phone with an easily replaced battery, wooo.
>>
N O T E 4
O
T
E
>>
>>59409015
The iPhone is built to last. Not a meme.
>>
>>59409015
I'm still rocking a Nokia dumb phone from 2002. Smartphone is a meme.
>>
>>59409015
Anything with a removable battery, a bootloader unlock, and Lineage OS support. This will prevent you from having to deal with glued in batteries, carrier shitware, and a lack of security updates. I recommend a Galaxy S3, S4, or S5 as they all have decent specs, meet the above requirements, and they're relatively cheap (like $300 tops lightly used).

I'm about to get an S4 or an S5 because I know I can use it for a solid 5 or 6 more years.
>>
File: 1459022668835.jpg (407KB, 1706x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1459022668835.jpg
407KB, 1706x1268px
>>59409831
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHANAHAHA
>>
>>59409943
>He's poor
>>
>>59409499
<3 nekos

>damn you Manzoku-san
>>
>>59409947
Money has nothing to do with it, you stupid iNigger. I'm switching from a Note 5 to something older to get away from the carrier bloat and planned obsolescence. I had an iShit 6 before this that got touch disease.
>>
File: 1477336535458.jpg (250KB, 1198x836px) Image search: [Google]
1477336535458.jpg
250KB, 1198x836px
>>59409947
Unfortunately I made the fatal mistake of owning an iphone 6 plus which I paid full price for.

I could buy an iphone 7 plus (full price) every month and still be financially well off. Do you know why I don't?

Because iphones are fucking dogshit. God forbid you update them.
>>
S7 edge
>>
File: ubuntugirl(1).jpg (278KB, 967x719px)
ubuntugirl(1).jpg
278KB, 967x719px
>>59409993
>I had an iShit 6 before this that got touch disease.
How did it die? My piece of shit decided to quit on me while I was about to order a fuckton of pizzas.
>>
>>59410019
I just woke up one morning and went to turn off my alarm. What do you know, the touch screen is fucked. I had some replacement parts and I tried to replace the display, and it didn't work. My carrier (Sprint at the time) kept fucking up my bills so I cancelled and went with AT&T and bought a Note 5. This phone is also a piece of shit. I'm going to get an S3 or something cheap and just flash Lineage OS. I have plenty of money in my wallet but no one is offering phones that are supported in Lineage OS with removable batteries and SD slots. Smartphones are getting worse.
>>
I've been using a Galaxy S5 for 10-18 hours a day for the past three years and the device still runs as well as it did when I first purchased it. I may upgrade to the S8 when it comes out, but that would be for luxury, not out of necessity.
>>
>>59410134
Dam sorry to hear that.

V20 has started getting lineage os support but only for the at&t variant I think. But generally yeah carriers are too eager to put bloat on your phone to make a quick buck.

You should install nova and disable animations on your Note 5 until you upgrade to something better. It helped my J7 stop lagging anyway.
>>
>>59410207
I already have Nova Prime. The phone isn't unusable but it's bad enough that it's only being used for calls, texts, and music right now. Pretty laggy experience. The battery life is also crap, even with all of the battery eating apps disabled. LG v20 would be ok I guess but I want MicroUSB because everything in my house uses it already. There's also the problem of LG and boot loops from the lead free solder.
>>
>>59410294
>There's also the problem of LG and boot loops from the lead free solder.
Yeah I hope they finally fixed that shit. I'm looking forward to getting one when lineage OS matures a little.
>>
>>59410340
Really is a shame. Looking back on the Nexus 5 and a couple of TVs I had, LG makes quality electronics.
>>
>>59409997
As if android doesnt do the same
>>
>>59410421
You got anything to back that up, cuck?
>>
>>59410421
It doesn't. My Nexus 5 with Lineage OS works better than the day I bought it.
>>
>>59410435
Fuck off tripfag
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.