[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In past Windoze versions I used to be able to open pictures with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 61EiSI71VrL._SL1500_[1].jpg (118KB, 1075x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61EiSI71VrL._SL1500_[1].jpg
118KB, 1075x1500px
In past Windoze versions I used to be able to open pictures with Microsuck Image Viewer and hti the left & right arrows to scroll through images in a folder.

Now in Win10 it's replaced by this no-name bone-fragile Photos app, and it won't let me see other photos in a directory with the arrow keys.

How could M$ fuck up something this simple this bad? I literally just want fundamental navigation tools. Is there another image viewer I can use instead that doesn't install the botnet on my machine?
>>
>>59406433
irfanview
>>
>>59406433
irfanview is timeless
there's also image glass
if you want minimal there's image eye and impression eyes
>>
The image viewer is still there, there's some registry entries you can use to bring it back.

Next time please try googling before making a fool of yourself
>>
yes it does
>>
>>59406467
>>59406498
This is exactly what I needed, totally forgot about irfanview, thxxx

>>59406523
Whoops. I didn't even think about the possibility of it being still in the OS, just buried. What's the point?
>>
>>59406582
>What's the point?
MS want people using their UWP botnet, and I guess it's easier for tablet users to use too.

Why the older one is still there is beyond me, it's too bad they didn't update it with .gif support like the photos app has though, even the XP photo viewer had that.
>>
File: worksonmyrig.jpg (64KB, 1202x933px) Image search: [Google]
worksonmyrig.jpg
64KB, 1202x933px
>>59406627
the new one is basically a reskin it works very similar. am able to go between photos with arrow keys no idea what OP is on about
>>
Another interesting question is - why I need to add registry values to actually bring back "old" viewer? I mean, if I would upgrade from 7 or 8.1, I wouldnt need to, but why?

>>59406627

Older one is probably a leftover of some sort. I still consider it better, mainly due to how much faster it works. I tried using ImageGlass but it takes a 2-3 seconds to load.
>>
>>59406670

What pissed me off was how one day on laptop it produly presented how it sorted and tagged images in "My Documents" folder. Removed the package right away.
>>
File: pence.jpg (90KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
pence.jpg
90KB, 680x680px
>>59406670
Yeah, that's the thing, sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. Irfanviewer works now with the arrow keys so I know it's not the photos themselves, but with the Photos app, the arrow buttons are greyed out, as if the app thinks there's no other pictures in the folder. Whatever, don't give a fuck.

>>59406523
>>59406627
>>59406698
I actually tried the registry mod just for giggles, and although I'm sticking with irfan regardless (also no gif support? wtf) I noticed when I go to set it as the default program, it only has .tif files associated with it. No other choices so it wouldn't even be useful to me anyway. Cool microsoft.

I'm not even one of those butthurt anarchists that complain in every thread about REEEEE THE WINDOWS 10 SCOURGE, but honestly little things like this make thoughts like that cross my mind. After playing with this stuff it's clear to me MS basically baked another entire standalone OS into Windows just so they could pull a howdoyoudofellowkids.jpg with tablet users while still retaining their desktop market share. Just smacks of laziness and inefficiency. Sad!
>>
>>59406698
>why I need to add registry values to actually bring back "old" viewer? I mean, if I would upgrade from 7 or 8.1, I wouldnt need to, but why?
Yeah it's stupid, maybe it was a mistake on their part since all the entries do is add photo viewer to the "Open With" box, seeing as they still include the exe for it I guess they forgot to include those registry entries in clean installs.

>I still consider it better, mainly due to how much faster it works.
Same, really wish someone would hack .gif support into it though (2bh I wouldn't be surprised if the code for it is still in there from the XP image viewer)

Or besides that would be nice if someone made a FOSS replacement for it, just a simple viewer like that one is, none of this file browsing, bloated shit like all the stuff suggested ITT
>>
>>59406433

XnView[MP]
>>
>>59406798

>when I go to set it as the default program, it only has .tif files associated with it. No other choices so it wouldn't even be useful to me anyway. Cool microsoft.

I ran into that problem as well. The solution was pretty bizzarre - by selecting "associate file type with default program" or how its called in english, in Control Panel.

I like that default good old viewer too much to give up like that.
>>
File: apustaja silicia gel.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
apustaja silicia gel.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>59406433
>windows 10
Are you fucking retarded
>>
File: 1477073165838m.jpg (114KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
1477073165838m.jpg
114KB, 1024x760px
>>59406433
What are you talking about the Photos app uses the arrow keys fine
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 594x533px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 594x533px
Using the latest Photos app, it works perfectly with a keyboard.

It has more editing tools than the Windows 7 version and it plays GIFs and videos too.
>>
>>59407358
Not if files are marked as hidden
>>
Nothing wrong with the Photos app
>>
>>59409646
There is everything wrong with it.
>>
>>59407392
It also lops off the top and bottom 3% of your images. And when you try to zoom out, it auto-resizes. This is a problem when there is text at the top or bottom of your image.
>>
>>59406433
>using Windows 10
You got what you deserve.
>>
>>59406433
imageglass
Support glorious communism
>>
>>59406433
Dear Mods,
Can we please ban these threads where faggots complain about Windows 10? It's obvious at this point. If you use it, we don't want you here.
>>
>>59410429
speak for yourself poorfag
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.