[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know you guys like refurbished laptops for being a great value,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: refurbished dell.png (336KB, 1620x1332px) Image search: [Google]
refurbished dell.png
336KB, 1620x1332px
I know you guys like refurbished laptops for being a great value, but what about desktops? Is it a good idea to buy them as well? Where does Dell get their refurbished desktops from? Are they mostly functioning models that people returned, or were they broken and fixed by Dell? I tried to make an apples to apples comparison, and it seems like refurbished desktops, at least this model, are cheaper than building an equivalently specced one.
>>
I forgot to add, do most pre built desktops use standard ATX/micro ATX motherboards?
>>
>>59399959
inb4 stolen
>>59399986
most that I've seen use mATX
>>
>>59399959
You can get some good deals on fleabay.
>>
>>59400086
>inb4 stolen
This is Dell's official outlet, I highly doubt a well established company like that would knowingly sell stolen goods since that's a crime.

And thanks. I kinda like Dell's cases, so maybe the next time I'm in the market for a PC I'll buy a cheap Dell and upgrade some of the parts or something.
>>
As a computer retail employee, there are a couple of definitions for refurbished. It could be one thing was wrong, and they fixed it, or used for a long time and they just changed parts, and sold it. As to which one, you have to look at the hardware, and how old it is. If it is just a year or two old, its probably the first one.

Another thing you have to look at is who did the refurbishing. Is it the manufacturer, or a third party.

At our store, all of our Acer refurbs are from acer directly, where all of our other refurbished are third party. If it is the manufacturer, the computers are usually cleaned up very well. When it's the third party, it's a mixed bag. I can open one laptop that is 4 years old and looks new, and open the same model from the same place and it has crumbs and scratches.
It's really hard to know if it is third party without just asking the sellers straight up.
>>
>>59400467
So as long as it's refurbished by the maufacturer and comes with a warranty I should be good. Thanks!
>>
>>59399986
The standoffs are different, the boards can be inverted or custom in smaller form factors.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.