[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iOS's 'update your device' pop-up adware is driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1468540392002.png (168KB, 407x379px) Image search: [Google]
1468540392002.png
168KB, 407x379px
I'll never buy another iPhone (goes without saying), but I'm in the shit, so how do I deal with it?

Should I update my iPhone?
>>
>>59391985

Unless you're a jailbreakfag, there's literally no good reason not to.
>>
>>59392165
Except the performance hit that leads you into thinking you need a new device after 6 months.
>>
>>59391985
>iPhone
Found your problem.
>>
>>59392270
Is this real or just a meme?
>>
>>59392373
It's a meme, I run iOS 10 on my iPhone 5 just fine.
>>
>iPhone
You've made your bed, now sleep in it
>>
>>59392373
It's real
>>59392386
They're not slowing the 5 down too much just yet that would be blatant
>>
File: 1483595575843.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1483595575843.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>>59391985
>be me
>have iPhone 6
>just using my phone as normal
>screen suddenly turns black
>through testing realize the display is broken but the phone itself it still on and functioning properly
>maybe display got disconnected from logic board idk
>bring to Apple Store
>not memeing, I am greeted by balding, overweight, pot-bellied, patchy-bearded, numales with hipster glasses who tell me to wait at a table for assistance
>after half an hour another numale employee says hello, gives a cursory glance to my phone, performs a hard reset, then hands it back
>tells me the only solution to this problem is to buy another iPhone 6 or upgrade to the iPhone 7
>wtf
>just fucking get up and leave
>go home and order new screen/display
>going to replace it myself now

Apple is for Cucks
>>
>>59394239
>things that never happened
>>
>>59394296
What about my story is unbelievable?

Everything I said is true. How much money are they paying you to shill your shitty products on this Online Mongolian Fishing Message board?
>>
>>59393178
>It's real

Prove it or else go wear your tinfoil hat somewhere else

besides if you can't afford a new smartphone once every year or two you should probably rethink your life choices
>>
>>59394239
kek
>>
>>59391985
so turn off the notification you dumb nigger
>>
>>59394707
tim cook wouldn't allow it
>>
>>59392270
>thinking you need a new device after 6 months
>>59393178
>It's real
>They're not slowing the 5 down too much just yet that would be blatant
iphone 5 was released in 2012

make up your fucking mind
>>
>>59394239
That's not how the check in process works, and i highly doubt that all the employee did was a hard reset. Nice try though, you probably convinced some retard.

t. TS/FRS
>>
>>59394885
Yeah sorry man, your store/company SUCKS

A numale redirects me to a table where another numale shows up an hour later then does jack shit to try and diagnose my phone's problems, and literally tells me the solution is to upgrade.

Sorry pal, I'm ACTUALLY technologically competent, I'm going to replace the screen myself at a cost of $40.
>>
>>59394905

Good on ya.
>>
>>59394558
Not him but my g4 lasts less than my 5 both fully charged when im selling ahegao drugs to your waifu.
>>
>>59391985
Don't update, just install tvOS beta profile, it will still check for updates periodically but the badge and popup will disappear because it will find none fit for your device.
>>
>>59394239
>>59394905

>>59394885 is right. I work at an Apple PSP, and this is not how it works. Even if you're well out of warranty and you've done some really dumb shit that's entirely your fault, the cost of a whole-unit replacement is generally less than buying a whole new phone.

And re: replacing your screen, go right ahead, but Apple will probably refuse you service next time you have a legitimate problem if you do.

>>59392373

It's not real. I used an iPhone 4S for a week in 2016, it was pretty goddamn respectable for something that's literally from 2011. Two of my wife's sisters have the 5S, too, and I hear no complaints from them, despite it being from four years ago.
>>
>>59392373
It's complete nonsense. I have an iphone 5s and it's running absolutely fine on the latest version.
>>
>>59394239

Thinking further on this, I think one or more of the following things happened here:

1) You drew an idiot who wasn't doing his job right. Those exist, even at Apple.

2) They suggested an upgrade because it was a good idea for other reasons, including the possibility of Touch Disease occurring in the future.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.