[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You graduated from college with a computer science degree? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: JLKIJFq.jpg (146KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
JLKIJFq.jpg
146KB, 640x720px
You graduated from college with a computer science degree?

You get two offers
>software engineering position at Fidelity Investments
>64k + 5k starting bonus

OR

>Redhat se internship that could very well lead to a full time job
>50 an hour

I'm leaning towards Fidelity but redhat is that, it's fucking redhat I would never leave that company for the rest of my career
>>
>>59385988
I'd take the job at Red Hat just so I wouldn't have to deal with Windows in the course of my job
>>
>>59385988

Fidelity Investments obviously.

Later on its easier to get into tech from finance but its for sure harder to get into finance from tech. it leaves you more options later down the road.

because lets say you are so done with tech that you want to get out and then you can rely on finance experience and get an automatic advantage as a sdev for a bank or smth for example.

Tech is tech and everyone knows a sdev from a bank can work in tech because coding is coding but banks, finance are autistic they want to know that you have at least some idea about business in general
>>
>>59385988
so redhat is 144K a year? just saying..
>>
>>59385988
Where is the Fidelity position? Where is the Red Hat position? I tend to think more about where I'd be happier living.
>>
>>59386351
They are both in places I would like to live. I avoided other positions due to locations. Luckily I have this luxury
>>
>HURR DO I TAKE AN INTERNSHIP OR A FULL JOB
>>
Redhat doesn't deal with consumer niggers so redhat.
>>
>>59386749
>HURR DURR I CANT FOR SEE AN INTERNSHIP TURNING INTO A JOB HERPIN DERP
>>
>>59386749
Fucking this. If you have a job offer do *not* take an internship. They will fuck you over at every available opportunity re: benefits, taxes, business expenditures, hours, etc. You will also get hand-me-down gear, nobody will bother to give you the time, etc.

Being an intern is suffering, esp. if you're in the US and thus will be needing decent health insurance any time in the near future. Just take the cushy job. Plus it's at a fucking *investment* company, I'd bet their retirement/pension package is fucking amazing.
>>
>>59386831
I understand where you are coming from. But I know a couple people higher up in redhat. They pretty much promise me after I get the internship I will get a fulltime job. still no guarantee but more so then "typical internship". And cs internships in the us are not suffering, they pay very well and usually help you learn things.
>>
Dude, it's fucking Redhat.
You know the same company the US Military and CERN contracts for software support?
>>
>>59385988
Do you mean it's a paid internship or you'll get 50$/h in the full-time job?
>>
>>59386077
how the fuck is $50/hour $144k/year?

More like $100k
>>
>>59386735
Ah. Do you mind if I ask where?

Anyway, do what will make you happy. That's all that matters.
>>
>>59388296
>how the fuck is $50/hour $144k/year?
>More like $100k
It's not how many hours you work, but how many you get paid for.
There are 168 hours in a week and over 725 in a month.
>>
>>59388296
Do 50*8*5 to get 2000*50 which is the amount of hours you work assuming you get two weeks vacation and then you get $100,000 per year assuming you work full time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.