[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one go about learning python? I know a bit of java from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ASPERGERSPICS.jpg (31KB, 309x295px) Image search: [Google]
ASPERGERSPICS.jpg
31KB, 309x295px
How does one go about learning python? I know a bit of java from my uncle, but not much.

Do i look for a teacher maybe? Through books? Videos?

How did you guys learn your respective languages?
>>
https://www.codecademy.com
This is how I learned to program.
>>
>>59384056
Books, definitely books.

Avoid Learn Python the Hard Way. Don't ask why, just don't buy it, look at it, or support Zed A. Shaw in any way or form until further notice.

Automate the Boring Stuff with Python is a good book.

Don't use random YouTube tutorials, they won't teach you much of how the code actually works rather than what it will do. Knowing how versus what is the key factor. Also the same for sites like Codecademy.

Anyways, you said you picked up a bit of Java, but if this is your first lang, go with something strongly typed like Java so you can understand things like data types before you jump into a dynamically typed language.
>>
>>59384111
>https://www.codecademy.com
it's shit

>>59384056
Use "Learn Python the hard way" or similar book.
Programming-motherfucker.com and the gentooman library are also good resources
>>
>>59384152
Would suggest Lisp -> Haskell -> Forth -> C -> lang of your choice...
but only if he's up for learning everything
>>
>>59384156
Absolutely do not use LPTHW. It's a very horrible book to begin with, and the fact that it teaches Python 2 rather than 3 and even says "hurr the whole world doesn't use 3, why bother", well, most of the world is on 3, and the remnants of 2 are legacy code people are trying to convert to 3.
>>
>>59384191
The differences between 2 and 3 are literally irrelevant to a beginner. Well, aside from the print function maybe.
>>
>>59384207
Why not start with 3 then, as it will work the same if not better. One they they'll just stop updating and end support for 2.
>>
>>59384656
>One they they'll just
Idk what I wanted to write, but I hope you understand.
>>
>>59384056
You need a goal. Some kind of program you always wanted but doesn't exist. Start small. Maybe a shitpost generator that prints to command line for you to copy paste.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.