[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know absouletly nothing about designing circuits (I think that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1829.jpg (187KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1829.jpg
187KB, 1300x866px
I know absouletly nothing about designing circuits (I think that's the right way to say it) anyways what would be a good way for me to learn? Is there any tools that I need to start?
>>
>>59378240
What kind of circuits?
>>
>>59378240
Start with discrete mathematics, then go learn a hardware description language
>>
Start with particle physics, then go learn a machine language.
>>
>>59378374
Start with sucking my dick, then go die.
>>
>>59378240
Start with a basic PCB design course on instructables or something.

Once you know that, you need to learn components and circuit design.

Once you know how to make components do what you want them to do, and you know how to make a board layout, you're golden.
>>
>>59378240
Start by learning basic ohms law and simple resistor circuit.
Move onto transistor circuits, logic gates, etc.
Analog stuff if you feel it's necessary.
>>
>>59378240
Start by learning to install Gentoo
>>
>>59379572
For example, I built a PCB for one of my uni projects. The first thing I had to design was the battery protection circuit.
Because we used 3 cell lipos, the voltage couldn't drop below 3v per cell (just the way lipos are, can't be bothered explaining it). We used a voltage divider to only trigger a mosfet when the voltage was above 9v. When it fell below 9v, the mosfet would 'turn off' the circuit.
>>
>>59378240
you start here:
>>>/diy/1138806
and jerk off to this:
http://www.falstad.com/circuit/
>>
i remember seeing some circuit game-like websites posted here. Basically challenges to do something by dragging and dropping components, connecting with silicon and metal. Don't have a link tho.
>>
I got learning back in the day with a series of Radio Shack books and a few other including the ARRL handbook (big annual ham radio) which has a huge section on circuit and antenna design right form basic on up.
Anything that starts from the basics and covers the main circuit types that make up almost everything is good.

The most important things you can buy are some breadboards, and jumper wires to use with the breadboard.
My best friend was my de-soldering iron though, I would spend hours de-soldering shit from old electronics and anything I could find to build up a large inventory of components without having to buy everything.
Usually I would by packs of resistors though because their leads are usually cut too short on circuit boards to reuse.
A nice first project is to build a power supply for your breadboard.
>>
File: breadboard.jpg (275KB, 640x531px) Image search: [Google]
breadboard.jpg
275KB, 640x531px
>>59379919
This is what you wind up doing with the breadboard.
>>
>>59378240
Learn Eagle, or maybe Kicad.
Learn basic circuit theory.

Enjoy.
>>
>>59380462
Kicad, eagle requires an account and to always be online now.
>>
>>59380479
Honestly that's why I suggested Kicad too.
The interactive router in Kicad is something else though, like holy shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.