[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the lint has deposited will AMD realize their shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ryzen.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
Now that the lint has deposited will AMD realize their shitty four core CCX design was a major architectural flaw and release a Ryzen refresh with true eight core complexes sharing a combined l3 cache? Global Foundries claims to have very high yields on its 14nm process so it's not like costs are prohibitive, but is AMD too jewish to discard 10% of their processors in exchange for something that isn't a laggy, buggy piece of shit?
>>
>>59374876
>>>/v/
>>
>>59374876
>"Laggy, buggy piece of shit"
K
>>
>>59374876
Maybe the fact you have posted this thread everyday means you are wrong?
>>
>>59374876
>CCX design was a major architectural flaw
You must be new here.

There are always drawback to any design, if you want easy scalability you loose in some departments, if you want static design then you loose in other departments, there is no single "One design fits all"
>>
>>59374876
>Global Foundries claims to have

GF talk is not to be trusted. They like to boast that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

>eight core complexes sharing a combined l3 cache

This was done for scalability, so that they can scale from 4 core APUs to 32 core server CPUs without having to design a new core for each market segment. Windows fucked everything up as always, like they did with the first Athlon, Core 2 Quad and Nehalem. It's a new architecture and software has to adapt to it. With so many bugs piling up, nobody knows where the bottleneck actually is, if there's any. Stop parroting everything you read on the internet.
>>
>>59374876
> Now that the lint has deposited will AMD realize their shitty four core CCX design was a major architectural flaw.
Or, it's a perfectly reasonable design to use as long as the OS's thread scheduler is made with it in mind. Just like the entire concept of SMT.
>>
>>59374876
You sound buttmad, OP
>>
the design is perfect. giving you great gaymen performance (see 1440p/4k results where its identical to intel)

and the benefit of all the non gayming stuff that requires moar coars.

i have my 1700 at 4.1ghz and im waiting for my 1080ti to arrive for insane starcraft2 fps while i stream and shitpost all day long.
>>
>>59378190

Just need that IOMMU fixed and it's literally the greatest CPU you can buy in the consumer space.
>>
File: amdvega.jpg (156KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
amdvega.jpg
156KB, 633x758px
Fuck rypoo
>>
>>59375553
the bottlenecks are in 2 places

1) memory, this is a bios/motherboard issue more than amd specifically.

2) the scheduler throwing processes around at almost random, honestly this sounds like it wastes resources far more than it benefits it from heating the cpu up evenly. I have a good cooler so maxing that one fucking core out would likely be more efficient than bouncing it around.

There may be some minor bugs that add up too, but these are the big ones.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.