[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good light C++ program that let's me execute files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1996 Pete.png (264KB, 672x470px) Image search: [Google]
1996 Pete.png
264KB, 672x470px
What is a good light C++ program that let's me execute files as scripts (no compilation)?

Preferably not on the WIndows OS.
>>
>>59369803
What kind of scripts? Shell scripts? Also your question is pretty broad. I mean arguably "Python" is a C++ program that executes scripts. Not exactly light, though.

It sounds like you're asking for some kind of embedded language like Lua.
>>
>>59369901
I mean e.g. something like a Python IDE where you can just hit "run" and the thing will execute, without compilation to a .cpp executable.
>>
>>59370039
Don't python IDE's do that? Also .cpp files are not executable...
>>
>>59369803
This is the kind of stupid question that doesn't need an answer
>>
>>59369803
So, you want to turn C++ into scripting language?
>>
>>59370208
yes
>>
>>59370302
try PHP
>>
>>59370302
Are you using an IDE like Clion, or just notepad/sublime/vim/some other text editor and compiling via command line?
>>
>>59370327
at the moment just a text file with syntax highlighting. I want to learn the language and not have to compile something every 2 minutes
>>
PS I know of
http://cpp.sh/
but I'd like something offline
>>
>>59370367
An IDE will solve your issues. If you are a student, you can use your student email to get Clion for free.

Visual Studio is Microsoft software.

I think they might have Eclipse for C++.

These IDEs compile your program as you write it, tell you if there's any compile errors, and give tips like "this line of code will never run". You can also use a debugger to pause the program at a specific line while it runs, and read all the values of the variables (no more cout for debugging)
>>
>>59369803
>Preferably not on the WIndows OS.
You are so fucking awful at asking questions.
>>
>>59370422
kk, thx, I'll check out IDEs

What's with the hostility here? On /sci/ people are just memeing how other subjects than their own are shit, but here people just decide to comment agressively
>>
https://root.cern.ch/cling
>>
>>59370699
thats because it was a beginner question. C++ cant be executed as a script.
>>
>>59370699
because you didn't read the sticky. Post in stupid questions general if you want to ask a stupid question.
>>
>>59370699
You gave no reason for anybody to want to help you, and we did. You asked the equivalent of going on /r/drugs and asked "How can I smoke tea leaves?"

Why do you want to do this?

What OS are you running? You want it to be offline, say that.

Do you have a download cap we're supposed to be aware of? This moving post of a stupid question, which I still can't imagine has a purpose other than for theoretical investigation, is exactly the kind of question you should not receive help for.

But you did receive help, and then you bitched.

Because that's who you are, you fucking hack.
>>
>>59370699
Go create a thread on /sci/ asking for tips to build a perpetual motion machine and see how unaggressive they stay
>>
>>59369803
If you need a C++ interpreter, check out these:
https://root.cern.ch/cint
https://root.cern.ch/cling
>>
>>59370874
>C++ cant be executed as a script.
CERN uses a C++ interpreter.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.