/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my i5-2500k run hot as shit? It seems like it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: speedfan_2017-03-12_14-03-38.png (22KB, 502x583px) Image search: [Google]
speedfan_2017-03-12_14-03-38.png
22KB, 502x583px
Why does my i5-2500k run hot as shit?

It seems like it just steadily keeps getting hotter over the years.

Just at 1/4th load, I get around 55-58C temps. Ambient is about 24C.

I put one of those stupidly large air coolers on it and it still has to keep the fan spinning high, and is the loudest fan in my case.
I also have a 200mm side fan in addition to that pulling heat off it, but the CPU fan still hast to work so hard.

It's not dust. This thing just keeps getting hotter and running shittier year after year.
>>
>>59367364
Time to repaste.
>>
>>59367398
I did new artic silver and a large cooler just like a year ago.
>>
>>59367426
You might have fucked up the paste job. Try again. Use more paste.
>>
>>59367435
Well it was fine initially.

I was using the stock cooler before and it was starting to get really really louder trying to keep it cool.
After replacing it with a big air cooler, the new cooler was able to keep it under 50C without being loud at all.
But now it's like a turbine again.

I guess I may as well try.
>>
Is your BIOS up to date?
>>
Time to upgrade to a Ryzen :)
>>
>>59367479
No. It's one of the older revisions of an z68xp-ud3.

Updating BIOS on an old mobo is a pain.

There is a UEFI BIOS update (it did not come with UEFI support...) but um.. that doesn't sound like a good idea.
I do have the other driver updates, though.
>>
>>59367615
Socket 1155 isn't that old. Put the new BIOS on a USB 2.0 key, reboot into the BIOS and update it there offline.

If that still doesn't solve it, pull the Radeon and use the onboard HDMI for a while.
>>
>>59367849
lol? The problem isn't the GPU. The GPU is running at low temps and low fan speed. The GPU isn't the one getting over time.
>>
>>59367364
give us a pic of the inside of your case, prefferably showing the fans
you might have too much voltages, or too high an LLC which in turn gives too high a voltage
or you fucked up a placement/intake/outake fan placement
>>
>>59367891
The problem is actually you. Bad computer design, mismatching CPU/GPU, lack of manners.
>>
if it's under 90c at full load it's fine desu
>>
>>59367891
just ignore this fucking retard >>59368008
>>
>>59367918
I'm running it stock.

My fan placement is unchanged from when it was running fine.
It's a Corsair 500R case. It has plenty of airflow.

>>59368018
Not worried about the health of the temps. The problem is that it's fucking annoying how loud the fan when it's well under 10% load. I can hear it across the room.

>>59368008
kys
>>
>>59367364
try re-pasting (rice method is fine) if that did not work maybe it's time to de-Lid
>>
>>59369519
>maybe it's time to de-Lid
It's soldered, asshole
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.