[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best antivirus currently? I don't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 1486718908218.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1486718908218.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
What's the best antivirus currently? I don't really trust the ones that are shilled on most websites.

Free would be preferred.
>>
>>59361878

>Free

Elaborate.
>>
>>59361880
I don't have to pay?
>>
>>59361886

Do you need a daemon?
>>
windows defender
>>
>What's the best antivirus currently?
Not using windows
>>
Common Sense 2017 Platinum
>>
>>59361878
Free antiviruses are garbage and are more of viruses themselves.
Either pay for a good one or don't be a retard on the internet and actually use common sense while downloading files. I reccomend the latter.
>>
>>59361878
Debian
>>
>>59361982
and what pray tell is a good one?
>>
>>59361878
I've noticed that Security Essentials will now automatically delete/quarantine "suspected" files by default now. Back then, it would prompt you first before doing any actions. If you are using things like activators then you will have to change Essential's settings first.
>>
>>59361997
Our Father who is in Heaven
>>
>>59361954
>Implying people have enough ram to run this.
>>
>>59361878
What exactly are you doing that makes you think you need aftermarket virus protection?

If your doing basic enterprise operations that aren't monitored daily, a cloud-based heuristic solution with local IPS will handle everything a civilian can throw at you.
>>
>>59361878
People like kaspersky but it's resource heavy. Not an anti-virus but people also love to mention malwarebytes since it can detect shit for you if you've downloaded it but it won't actively work as an antivirus.
I've heard panda and comodo are good but I don't use them. I currently have bitdefender but I don't really like it and have malwarebytes but running it now is lame because the ui doesn't open up and it's been taxing my cpu lately.
>>
File: 1464947203768.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464947203768.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>59362091
>kaspersky
>russian

You sure buddy?
>>
>>59361878
>implying malware writers don't scan their own viruses
>>
>>59362136
Cheeky breeki хaхaхaхaх
Nsa and ghco (whatever the Uk's version of the Nsa is) already came out in 2015 and said they could get through kaspersky anyway. It's spyware now but average joes will still enjoy anti-virus capabilities. Regardless, most AV are shit anyways and are parasites themselves, coиstantly asking you to upgrade or get a full version.
>>
>>59362251
>came out in 2015
I mean they made an announcement after it was leaked that they could get past it and use it as spyware. They would never admit to this shit unless it was leaked beforehand.
>>
GNU Common Sense
>>
Most banks provide premium subscriptions for antivirus software for free. Unless you have a poverty-tier bank
>>
ClamAV if you dont trust yourself enough to not be a sperglord while you browse loli
>>
Gentoo
>>
File: lisa_su.jpg (6KB, 312x208px) Image search: [Google]
lisa_su.jpg
6KB, 312x208px
>>59361878
>antivirus
>>
>>59361878
Install Gentoo
>>
>>59361878
windows defender is better even than the paid ones
>>
>free
>gud
pick one

unless you love being spammed
>>
>>59364553
the best one is free though (windows defender)
>>
>>59361878
Free: Windows Defender or Bitdefender.
Paid: ESET or Kapersky

>>59362136
Yeah, it's very meh
>>
>>59361878
bitdefender

most minimal, unintrusive, out-of-the-way, light-weight one I've used in years
>>
File: 1484535651270.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484535651270.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>59361878
Don't Be Fucking Stupid(tm)
The free plan is actually alright.
>>
>>59361878
Usually i'd shitpost for Common Sense $CURRENT_YEAR but here you go.
>Free
Avast! Free and always shoved into gaming mode
Bitdefender
Windows Defender
Malware AntiBytes (a pain in the ass really, just use it occasionally to check for virus')
Adware Remover
GNU/Linux distro
>>
>>59361982
>pay for a good one

Peter Norton would never had said this. Well he might have, but it would have been an exercise in irony
>>
>>59362091
Malwarebytes is bloatware now.

Don't download that piece of shit.
>>
>>59366103
Any alternatives or is adblockers and common sense good enough? I've needed it before for my mom's work laptop but never on my own builds.
>>
>Avast used to be alright (imo at least)
>starts fucking displaying literal clickbait popups in the corner of your screen overtop everything (except fullscreen applications) and begging for "bls ubgraybe :((((" pretty regularly
fucking hell
it's shit
it's all goddamn shit
>>
>>59361922
I'm not very religious, no.
>>
no such thing.

av is a meme
>>
>>59362035
>Unironically not running an OS that automatically downloads more RAM.
>>
>>59361878

av is a lie. it gives you a false sense of security and most of all it gives you the feeling you took charge of your PC's security.

In fact you did nothing at best but probably you installed an application that runs as administrator that scans every file on your PC and reports anything it finds to it's creator.

Only files? Oh, also your emails and everything you type in websites including CC info.
>>
>>59361878
I used AVG for years until they started adding popups that just got worse and worse. Now I use Avira, which seems ok. Still some popups but it doesn't close games like AVG and they only happen to me like once every other day.
>>
>>59361878
Your brain if you have one.
>>
malware bytes is bretty gud
>>
if you need an antivirus you dont belong here.
>>
>>59361878
Using a free antivirus is the most retarded thing you can do. Nothing is free, /g/
>>
>>59367021
Also using avira for 2 years. The Luke firewalker shit is driving me insane.
>>
>>59361878
Avast with Malwarebytes hasn't failed me yet [spoiler] that I know about [/spoiler]
>>
File: CylanceLogo_Stacked_Black.png (27KB, 1024x671px) Image search: [Google]
CylanceLogo_Stacked_Black.png
27KB, 1024x671px
Cylance
>>
>>59361991
>Gentoo
Ftfy
>>
>>59361878
Kaspersky
>>
https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/

here you go. avira free. sage.
>>
>>59361878

Windows Defender + Malwarebytes if your using W10
>>
Not being retarded is pretty good.
>>
Bitdefender free.
>>
Install Mcafee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg
>>
Avira + popup blocker
>>
>virus
Haven't seen one of those in a couple of years.
Thought they went extinct desu.
>>
I'm disappointed in /g/ from this thread. Best AV is literally any adblocker.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.