[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ what's your opinion on Nextbit Robin? a friend has it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Home_Mint_Phone.png (487KB, 808x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Home_Mint_Phone.png
487KB, 808x1200px
/g/ what's your opinion on Nextbit Robin? a friend has it and it looks super aesthetic. its unlocked and its super riceable, from what it seems. what are the cons?

and no its not chink shit
>>
it looks like shit
>>
it's shit
>>
>>59348053
4 u
>>
>>59348021
>Nextbit Robin is an Android smartphone manufactured by Nextbit. The phone is marketed as "Cloud-first" where it utilizes cloud storage to store data which are not used for a long period of time

Utter trash
>>
>>59348021
looks like trash
>>
It's cheaply made plasticky shit
>>
>made by fisher price
>>
>>59348021
it bends in half
https://youtu.be/EU6Tv-OfXk0?t=2m35s
>>
That color makes me so hard
>>
>>59348021
Very cheaply made. A six year old could bend it in half and break it with pretty minimal effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6Tv-OfXk0
>>
10/10 design
10/10 idea, albeit gimmicky
5/10 specs
0/10 usability
>>
>>59348163
>>59348185
Looks like someone beat me to it. Regardless, the build quality is utter shite.
>>
>>59348163
>>59348185
bendgate is nothing in comparison to this trash
>>
>>59348163
>especially if you are american

hahaha top kek
>>
Razer now owns nextbit.
Abandon ship.
>>
It's okay. I have it because I wanted an upgrade from my galaxy S3 and it was on sale for like $170.

I don't store a lot of things on my phone so I don't give a fuck about the cloud storage part of it. I guess that could be useful to some people.

I like the aesthetic. I would have preferred hardware buttons, but that's not a large issue.

Had an issue with music from the audio jack stopping randomly when volume was greater than 80%; switched to the beta testing group and that problem was solved.

I tried the fingerprint sensor and it seemed to work, but I didn't like the idea of having my phone unlocked via fingerprint so disabled that.

Responsiveness is good, screen is nice.

The major issue is the build strength. It's a plastic design, so you can scratch the top/bottom parts and the back/sides. I'm not really worried about bending like >>59348163 because i'm not a fucking ape who bends their phone in half for shits and giggles. It's just something you have to keep in mind about where you carry it (i never understood people that carry phones in their back pockets and then wonder why it broke/bent)

Oh, and the camera could have been better.

For the price though, I'm still very happy with it.
>>
>>59348333
>Threw away samshit for plastic babbyphone

Amazing decisions and post-purchase rationalization.
Your phone will literally break if you sneeze on it wrong.
>>
>>59348333
thanks for the reply
>>
>>59348363

Here's your (you)
>>
>>59348021

Nextbit has been bought by Razer

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/30/14442204/nextbit-razer-acquisition
>>
Botnet: The Phone
>>
>>59348021

Fucking bezel...
>>
Ugliest phone I have ever seen
>>
I am currently posting from it, it is great, I don't use the cloud features tho. I am running omnirom btw
>>
>>59348021
phone is ok if you get it for less than 200. You my friend, you are a SUPER faggot. There's no SUPER way out of it.
>>
Is just ugly and I hate using a cloud!
>>
Posting from one right now. It's okay. 6/10

It looks cool, but it's poorly made and actually creeks and moves at the corners. The gorilla glass is awful. A few months later and the screen is scratched to hell. The battery life is kinda shit.

I wish I had gotten the Redmi Note Pro instead
>>
>>59348053
no u
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.