[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really worth "building" your own gaming PC these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (118KB, 300x394px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
118KB, 300x394px
Is it really worth "building" your own gaming PC these days? I frequently see prebuilts that are 10-15% cheaper and come with free peripherals and games that use the same parts any "pcmasterrace" neckbeard would recommend.
>>
>games
grow up
>>
"unecessary quotes"
>>
>gayming
>being a manchild
>>
>>59347144
>>59347157
>>59347160

k
>>
It's impossible to get same components for the same price in a prebuilt than you would assembling yourself. Do you really think they put it together for free and even sell it at lower price?
>>
File: 252536.png (255KB, 395x394px) Image search: [Google]
252536.png
255KB, 395x394px
>>59347144
>>59347160
>posting on a the 'technology' section og a thai soup forum
>telling other people to grow up

Holy fucking kek, you cannot be serious.
>>
>>59347175

Uhm yes. For the same reason bulk sales are cheaper.
>>
>>59347138
Prebuilds always use shitty mainboards, shitty PSUs, shitty cases, bad ssds and HDDs. Bad CPU coolers, no other fans in the case.
That's your 15%.
CPU and GPU may be the same. But that's it.
>>
>>59347216
Only prebuilts for businness like dell hp etc come close to being convenient. Just look at companies like alienware etc, they surely get components in bulk and still have insane price. They also still cheap out on shit like paste and cables.
>>
>>59347217
>>59347254

Maybe for the stores you're using. I'm not talking about overpriced branding like Alienware.
My regular online shop has pre-builts that are either the same price or cheaper as the individual parts they put together and frequently comes with 10%+ discounts and free peripherals and shit. I can actually prove this.
Yes the cases/psus/coolers are not from top brands but they're not as expensive either.
>>
>>59347280

>Yes the cases/psus/coolers are not from top brands

You said it.
>>
>>59347319

They're still not bad though. They're not noname junk that breaks down, I've been using a lesser known PSU for over 8 years now and I would definitely recommend the brand (Sirtec). There's other stuff like Thermaltake that are kinda known but not top of the line. But my point is they don't price gouge you or provide shitty hardware.
>>
if you built a PC with shitty parts like in prebuilts, it would be cheaper. Usual tricks:
>shitty PSU
>shitty case
>shitty (slow) RAM
>shitty motherboard
>>
>>59347138
>I frequently see prebuilts that are 10-15% cheaper

lmao
>>
I bought a pc from ibuypower last july since they had a 4th of July sale. The only way you can tell if what youre buying is less expensive is if you check part by part. I checked a lot of site as well as dell, and other than ibuypower's random sale to get rid of a discontinued case with a $100 rebate, it was always cheaper to build it yourself.

At the beginning of summer and around christmas is when you will find deals where you might get a computer that is similar in price if you like a cheap mouse and keyboard bundle. otherwise building it yourself is cheaper and lets you the control the parts that go into it.
>>
>>59347216
Kill yourself
>>
>>59347138
I think they need to be considered, but the prime area of good deals will always be second hand market.
>>
>>59347138
>I frequently see prebuilts that are 10-15% cheaper and come with free peripherals and games that use the same parts any "pcmasterrace" neckbeard would recommend.

show me a single example for this.
>>
>>59347138

You need to learn how to shop for deals and better prices. Pre-built have shit components (especially PSU)
Warranty is one reason why you want to get separate components.
>>
>>59347138
You'll need to show the exact specs of these prebuilts for us to comment, I'm sure there are at least a few things terribly wrong with them, most likely starting with the power supply.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>59347138
Definitely worth building your own in the uk, I just checked my local pc shoppe and it's fucking retarded how much you pay for gaymen PCs.
Cheapest one available
>is actually a barebones pc
>you just get a wireless card, dvd drive and card reader inside a meme cube case mounted on stands on an edge
>only takes micro atx mobos
>leds out the ass
>£530/$640usd
>Good wireless card+dvd drive+card reader = £50
>paying £480 for a fucking case

Second cheapest
>terrible case
>dual core i3-7100
>kingston 8gb ddr4 ram (actually is ok, but occupies all ram slots tho)
>asus £40/$48usd micro atx mobo
>1tb hdd
>gtx 1050 2gb
>dvd drive
>unnamed, unrated, unspecified psu
>no wireless/pci cards
>£650/$790usd

None come with peripherals/gaems/freebies, its just all overpriced garbage just like you'd expect.
>>
>>59347138
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABFS52E2258

Is this a good pc for running current games at 60fps?

Intel Core i7 7700 3.6GHz Quad Core
Intel H110 Chipset
8GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5
1TB SATA3 Hard Drive
MS Windows 10 Home
>>
>>59350172
i7 7700 to i5 7500 or 6500
add small ssd for system + 2 games (128gb should be enough)
gtx 1050 to 1060 6gb or rx480 8gb
>>
>>59350172
That GPU is too weak to run the newest games at 60 fps, assuming you want high settings.
Get an RX 480 if you want to play at 1080p, or a GTX 1070 if you want 1440p or higher.
>>
>>59350250
>>59350199
cool thanks
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.