[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Go to developers' job fair > Only got a couple months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1213131211.png (31KB, 402x410px) Image search: [Google]
1213131211.png
31KB, 402x410px
> Go to developers' job fair
> Only got a couple months of professional dev experience
> Get to one of the tables
> Talk to the recruiter
> Random small talk first of dev role of interest
> Ask him how many years of experience the person should have for the role
> "5+ years"
> Tell him I only got a couple of months
> Becomes unimpressed, had that face that he wanted me to leave
> Awkwardly ended the conversation and walked away

I don't think I want to live anymore.
>>
>>59345450
So the summary of your day is this

>went to code fair as an entry level candidate
>saw entry level jobs
>decided i am above that despite having zero skills
>hit up recruiter about a senior dev role
>made a fucking fool of myself
>still pajeets fault
>>
>>59345450
>go to job far
>bunch of HR bitches standing behind tables
>ask one how much experience is needed
>gives standard 5+ years always
>is unimpressed if you don't have it
>she doesn't know anything about development anyway
You should have known better than anon. Avoid HR like the fucking plague. If you're applying for a job try to contact the hiring manager who actually knows what they're looking for.
>>
>>59345485
No you idiot, they didn't have a list. Why else would I ask how many years of experience the person should have to them?
>>
>>59345508
>Random small talk first of dev role of interest
This says it was the first role that interested you out of the fair. This means you looked at others and werent interested. Probably because they were

TA DA

JUNIOR ROLES
>>
>>59345558
I'm still not sure what exactly you are interpreting?

I went to a random table to begin with, asked if there was X generic role (neither mentioned junior nor senior), recruiter said yes and I was interested, had small talk about it, then proceed to ask years of experience.

Now whether I should have asked for "junior X role" first? Probably should have, yes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.