[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the year is 2025 >interest in computers is dying down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1468077888291.jpg (32KB, 369x344px) Image search: [Google]
1468077888291.jpg
32KB, 369x344px
>the year is 2025
>interest in computers is dying down outside of those who wish to be employed in the field
>5G wireless is now common and allows, for the most part, a comparable internet experience to the average wired connection today
>cloud infrastructure and terminals that connect to said infrastructure have mostly replaced desktops/laptops/smartphones/tablets/other devices outside of hobbyist use and of course the free software activists
>cloud terminals come in a variety of form factors depending on user preference desktop/laptop/smartphone size/tablet and tend to be styled more based on being fashion statements than being utilitarian devices, though more utilitarian terminals do exist
>user experience with cloud terminals is comparable to the user experience on a stock smartphone, with basic customization and theming but not much else
>almost all use of the web is concentrated on a select few mega sites
>people's attitudes toward their cloud terminals and the software they use are similar to their attitude toward their microwave or other kitchen appliances, it just works, there's little they personally can fuck up, and if their cloud terminal breaks they buy a new one and go on like nothing happened
>home computer trends for those who are interested in technology are driven entirely by hobbyists and what equipment is being surpluses from data centers
>hardware has advanced to the point where SBCs are capable enough to perform most all of people's needs short of resource intensive software like games (though games are no longer much of an issue as all AAA games now run on the previously mentioned cloud infrastructure instead of home computers), making open hardware easy to crowd fund for people who desire it
>basically all software used on home computers is FOSS, and for the most part maintained by hobbyists with the exception of some overlap in software for hobbyist use and for server use
>it's the year of the Linux desktop
I think I'm ready for this future.
>>
Me too.
>>
File: 1487446118612.gif (60KB, 255x140px) Image search: [Google]
1487446118612.gif
60KB, 255x140px
>FOSS will branch off to a whole other catagory of tech, even more than it is now
>Normies will use even more retard-proof gear
>Barely impossible for normies to get into FOSS
>FOSS becomes the playground of hobbyists and enthousiasts.
I think I would be okay with it too.
But I still find it a shame that normies will sink so much into their retard-proof gear.
>imagine 2150
>Normies and FOSSfags have branched off into seperate species in result of the informatical age.
>>
>>59342568
>But I still find it a shame that normies will sink so much into their retard-proof gear.
It's not necessarily that they want to. It's that the mainstream market is geared toward catering to the lowest common denominator, and many who don't necessarily need their devices to be completely idiot proof won't complain so long as the device still does all they need it to.
>>
>>59342164

dang
>>
>>59342164
>>interest in computers is dying down outside of those who wish to be employed in the field
ahahahahaha
>>
>>59342164
>>almost all use of the web is concentrated on a select few mega sites
This is fucking terrible
>>
>>59342164
>tiny do-it-all devices that all look and act the same
Boring as fuck. I don't care for this.
>>
nah

by 2025 all webservers are on the cloud like azure, amazon, google cloud maybe storage but not 100%
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.