[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Nvidia and AMD fucking finished, /g/? https://www.imgt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Are Nvidia and AMD fucking finished, /g/?

https://www.imgtec.com/news/press-release/imaginations-new-powervr-furian-gpu-architecture-will-deliver-captivating-and-engaging-visual-and-vision-experiences/
>>
>>59339134

fuck off.

The only one who can beat the Intel and AMD jew are the chinese.

>UK
>tech innovation

lmfao. They are fucking inbred monkeys who cant do anything.
>>
>>59339134
>PowerVR
>relevant to desktop GPUs
Come on, it's not 2002 any more
>>
>>59339157
>(((Chinese)))
t. Li Hang

Literally show me one Chinese GPU company
>>
>>59339134

This is GPUs for the SoCs.

Arguably, NVidia is already facing tough competition from IMG, so this is nothing new. Let's see.

AMD is not even in this game.
>>
>>59339426
>AMD is not even in this game.

Because Dirk Meyer sold off all mobile patents to Qualcomm for pennies and even signed an agreement AMD will never enter the smartphone GPU market.
>>
>>59339251
>Chinese GPU company

NVIDIA
>>
File: 1297194122204.jpg (13KB, 264x306px) Image search: [Google]
1297194122204.jpg
13KB, 264x306px
>>59339134
PowerVR has owned mobile 3D for a long time now. Even Apple licenses their cores for their iThings.

On desktop, they made a good effort in the early 00's with the Kyro and Kyro II. They never got their drivers up to speed and didn't add hardware T&L. Then Microsoft shafted them on DirectX support, shuttering them from the market.
>>
>>59339134
Power 8 years old High end Graphics.
>>
>>59339157
Silly boy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Holdings
>>
File: gb-h1842.gif (4KB, 367x216px) Image search: [Google]
gb-h1842.gif
4KB, 367x216px
>>59339157
Look at the business models of ARM, Imagination Technologies etc.

We are the fucking "Chinese" you moron, we're also Intel and AMD half the time.

How else is victory always to be guaranteed?
>>
>>59341255
I owned a Kyro II back in the day, it was fun being the underdog for a bit.
>>
>>59341792
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Holdings
owned by japanese korean
>>
>>59341843
Trident also tried to break back into the gaming market with the XGI Volari chips, but they just couldn't get the drivers right for some reason.

Matrox gave up on gaming after the Parhelia failed to take hold. They practically own the professional and medical markets so they don't really care anymore. Most 90's gamers would probably be surprised to know that they still exist.
>>
>>59341859
Yes its disastrous being given 24 billion quid of someone else's money for what is effectively a workforce of people who don't even have to change where their cars are parked to do the same shit somewhere else.

Sometimes I wonder how we've been getting away with this shit for a thousand years without getting caught.
>>
>>59341150
Taiwan isn't China, mainland pig.
>>
>>59339157
He said[ nvidia not Intel faggot
>>
>>59341328
>Power 8 years old High end Graphics.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>59339134
Nope
>>
>>59341939
Maxtrox just makes market specific video cards using AMD GPUs now.

As for Furian, what makes it interesting is it's built in customization capability if a customer wants very specific graphics IP added to it.

As much as I'd love to see PowerVR come back to the PC, they have it pretty good just sticking around being boned by Apple and whoever else
wants to use their graphics.

Furian is based around Clusters of 32 Shaders, so it would take 32 clusters running 1 GHz to hit a TFLOP. While PowerVR mobile architectures are built with massive scalability in mind, I'm not sure if they can handle that level or more since challenging AMD or Nvidia directly means going well over a TFLOP. Rogue architecture as used in the iPad Pro's A9X has seen the most PowerVR
clusters I know of, that being 12 clusters with 16 shaders each. At max clock, it
doesn't even hit 400 GFLOPS, but it's alot for a mobile device.
>>
>>59342886
SOON
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.