[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I should have listened to /g/ and not invested in AMD stock after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: firefox_2017-03-10_14-40-07.png (8KB, 663x77px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-03-10_14-40-07.png
8KB, 663x77px
I should have listened to /g/ and not invested in AMD stock after Zen was such a failure at gaymen.

Now what ever will I do?
>>
>buying when the stock is already pretty high
that was your mistake
>>
It's almost back to $14, it's doing fine and will shoot right up with their next earning report.
>>
File: TUMBLING DOWN.png (255KB, 632x478px) Image search: [Google]
TUMBLING DOWN.png
255KB, 632x478px
>>59337047
>>
>>59336987
despite /g/ shilling/antishilling and postmodern contrarianism ryzen sells.
stock dropped due to them selling 650m of it, then they learned main jews bought it
it grows back up right after
>>
>>59337059
>Mar 2

No mention how Nvidia lost $20 in under 2 weeks?
>>
>>59337077
No, because that is a picture of AMD stock. I know reading is hard for AMD gaymers, but please, try to keep up
>>
>>59337059
>5 day
lol
>>
File: 1458544554820.jpg (77KB, 1292x892px) Image search: [Google]
1458544554820.jpg
77KB, 1292x892px
>>59337059
yup
>>
>>59337096
on the second thought someone made a ton of money on this little drop
>>
>>59337092
It fell at launch and is steadily growing back to its pre launch price, I don't think this is difficult to grasp.
>>
>>59337118
it is if you are literally paid not to
>>
File: 1488846010049.png (33KB, 657x517px) Image search: [Google]
1488846010049.png
33KB, 657x517px
>>59337118
>>
File: amd.png (30KB, 517x571px) Image search: [Google]
amd.png
30KB, 517x571px
AMD was valued at $2/share like a year ago, their stock is doing extremely well right now.
Stop panicking over every little dip that occurs.
>>
If AMD posts a profit this Q1 earnings report, the stock will fly, it'll be their first real profit in years.
>>
>>59337142
is this the end of nvidia little glory run?
amd and intel already had one in 00s
>>
>>59337185
It was just overvalued stock, fanboys thought it would keep growing until Nvidia reached Intel(lol)while everyone sane was selling.

Fanboys aren't the best source of stock advice.
>>
>>59337025
I bought at $2.59 then again at $13.20

Last price is yesterday's close and total change is for today's earnings, you dumb faggot
>>
>>59337220
play long, realistic price of only their R&D should keep them at 16
market will slowly adapt
>>
>>59337185
Unless Nvidia owns the entire market for compute for driverless cars, somehow, Nvidia will never be higher than it was a few weeks ago.

Vega is looking to compete too hard in HPC and machine learning, and driverless cars are looking to use semi-custom chips mostly so far.
>>
>>59337249
HPC is worth just 300m for nvidia though, is it worth it that much on market? not that it grows fast either
is it simply self driving car meme driving the stock?
>>
>>59337242
I can see them breaking 20 after the Q3 earnings report with Naples $$$ all over it.
Though you are correct, that short term, they have too high of debt/capital to be worth over $16.50 or so. Reasonable average probably puts them around 14.50 but I see it going higher than that well before Q3 earning's report.

Zen seems to be selling well too, and there's high margins in the consumer space.

AMD was really smart, the way they're releasing. They couldn't start with contracting APUs and shit as many companies already have contracts with consumers. Home system builders and server suppliers have no such contracts.

I'm happy with my girl lisa su.
>>
It's always sell and buy on launches.
>>
>>59337275
HPC is growing really fast, gamer market less so.
Bonus points for not having to deal with retarded gamers and consumers, less money spent on marketing.
>>
>>59337275
Great margins on it.
It was self driving car meme driving Nvidia stock it seems like, yeah.
Well that and they had good earnings. They have record earnings in the enthusiast GPU market since the cards they're selling now are some of the cheapest it's cost them to produce, their prices are high, and they have no competitor except to the 1060 and under. And even then, despite the RX480 being better and cheaper than the 1060, the 1060 sells 4x as much. They're good at marketing.
>>
>>59337301
Yeah I should have sold some at 15 and rebought but I was too confident that people wouldn't freak out over GAYMEN BENCHMARKS on an HEDT CPU and given that its problems were REALLY small compared to some problems in the recent past with Intel CPUs that weren't fixable in BIOS, Windows, nor microcode updates.

But big thing that happened is that a single person in GloFo that had a bunch of shares due to some deal had to sell 1/5th of them or something. 100 million shares or something.
I should have had a trialing stop but it's been fucking up lately and selling when it shouldn't.

>>59337312
Gaming market is growing, actually.
Desktop is shrinking, but gaming is growing.
>>
>/g/oyim know more about investing than goldman sachs
◔ ⌣ ◔
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.