[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>is terrible for office work because no excellent build-in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 2-Mackbook.png (470KB, 1280x644px) Image search: [Google]
2-Mackbook.png
470KB, 1280x644px
>is terrible for office work because no excellent build-in productivity programs like office word/excel"that's what boring and ugly pc for"
>is terrible for gaming because..........."well duh,fuck fun i use my mac for work"
>is terrible for drawing and artsy stuff because no touch screen and stylus support
>is terrible video editing because no/entry level graphic card [spoiler]plus pc with identical specs outperforms mac in video editing so it doesn't even matter[/spoiler]
>is terrible for programing because of dog shit cpu
I'm i missing something?What are actual advantages of using macs?
>>
>>59324822
They are cute
>>
>terrible for office work
stopped right there
try again pajeet
>>
I laptops were dogs a Thinkpad would be a German Shepard and a MacBook would be one of those shitty decorative breeds that will break a leg if it jumped off the sofa
>>
>>59324822
great for browsing facebook.
>>
>>59324822
as previously stated

facekike
>>
>programming
>cpu

what
>>
Wanna know something REALLY horrifying? Just about every single employee at Mozilla uses one of these things. Explains why firefox has become such shit lately.
>>
>>59325453
this asshole doesn't know that it needs the CPU when compiling from source
>>
>>59324822
The Macbook 12 retina is my main working machine. I bring it with me whenever I have to meet a client, I develop on it for more than 10 hours a day and I manage a dozen servers through ssh wherever I am with ease, battery is great, performance and system responsiveness are fantastic. I open the lid and it's ready. For programming and testing the cpu doesn't really count much, the SSD makes the difference. It's simply the best machine I've ever worked on, I also have a dual monitor workstation at home I don't really use anymore... I got too used to MacOS to ditch brew and all the terminal tools perfectly available on there.
>>
macs are good to showoff how techie you are

the only people who use it are ignorants that can't deal with the open source complexity of linux
keyboards are horrible, no keytravel at all
>>
>>59325453
macfag right here
>>
>>59325598
>simple best machine i've worked on
LOL against what?
I bet you only have tried mac garbage and 400 dollar walmart shit
Try an alienware, asus rog or gaming pc that's $ 2000 as same as mac and you'll find out how shitty macbooks are
>>
>>59324822
that grammar
>>>/france/
and
>spoilers
>>>/v/
>>
>>59325598
this
Honestly if you are in software engineering or dev field then depending on whether you do .Net development or not the only viable platform choice is macOS. macOS+brew+shell+your favourite IDE is as good as it gets in terms of productivity in this field.
Linux is ok if you don't mind losing productivity due to quirks and fuckups that happen even when upgrading packages.
>>
>>59325665
>LOL against what?
Against my current workstation I have at home, for instance. i7 4770k, 840EVO SSD, 16GB DDR3, 2x Dell Ultrasharp 25" 2515H IPS monitors.
If you think specs are the only thing that matter, you are quite naive.

>Try an alienware, asus rog or gaming pc that's $ 2000 as same as mac and you'll find out how shitty macbooks are

Alienware, Asus rog... and this is how I know I'm talking to a babby gaymer.
Let alone the fact that my workstation costs more than that gaming-tier garbage and my Mac is actually the cheapest machine at Eur1350 here.
Seriously, just go back to vidya.
>>
>>59325501
Why does Firefox run so shitty under macOS then, are they all running GNU+Linux?
>>
>>59324822
Its actually a very good computer if you are rich. Best sound, screen, touchpad, arguably great keyboard (some hate ofc), looks classy and is light.

All you must do to make this the one solution for all humankinds needs is

add LG 27” 4K USB-C (27UD88-W) Monitor
add eGPU with your choice of (best video card you can afford)
add a longass Thunderbolt 3 cord so your eGPU can sit on the floor
this gives you a USB-C hub, no dongles needed

You can also take your MBP to various coffee shops, bars, libraries and whatnot and look like a sexy rich normie studmuffin.

Then play Overwatch at 150fps at home.
>>
>>59325665
fucking gamer kid >>>/v/
>>
>>59326065
Nah man it runs like shit on ALL platforms, they use macOS. Look at any bug reports for servo, its all xcode profiling and shit.
>>
The only reason to use an Apple product is to show people that you are cool enough to be in the iClub. They are for the vain and ignorant.
>>
>>59324822
I'm a /tpg/ dude but your post has so many invalid points it hurts to read.

>>59325665
>Try an alienware, asus rog or gaming pc
Improve your grammar, françaisfag, and go back to >>>/v/.
>>
>le aidsbook

stop grouping them in with iMacs
>>
>>59326200
But isn't saying things like this vain and ignorant in itself when you don't have the insiders perspective?
>>
>>59325665
>Try an alienware, asus rog or gaming pc

Faggot. Don't forget to clean out your piss bottles before you fall asleep tonight, Timmy.
>>
>>59324822
>no excellent build-in productivity programs like office
pages is a great word processor, keynote is a better presentation software compared to powerpoint. numbers does suck, but if all you do is light spreadsheets, it is fine. also, office isnt built into windows machines, while pages/keynote/numbers come free
>is terrible for gaming
they have better game support than linux. yeah, the hardware sucks, but you can play most popular/casual games just fine
>is terrible video editing
thats why it comes with free video editing software, iMovie. PC with identical specs outperforms a Mac in video editing? the fuck are you smoking lmao, Macs architecture shits on windows for that stuff. check compression/export times for FCP
>is terrible for programing because dog shit GPU
implying you need high end cpus for programming. oh and the top end iMacs have been coming with the greatest intel CPUs since 2012 (i7 3770, i7 4771, i7 6700k).

try again
>>
>>59325665
Can confirm. Not as portable as the mac since its like 0.5cm thicker, but gaming laptops are beastly portable workstations when it comes to specs/price/performance.

Battery life is mediocre though, roughly 6 hours on the Intel igpu.
>>
>>59325665
hahahaha
Paying so much for plastic.
>>
>>59324822
>is good for looking like an adult and not a third world plastic laptop owning person
>>
>>59325665
yes all my serious business friends own republic of gamer laptops with jet engine fans
>>
>>59325570
calm your vag down. A mac will compile your shitty hello world quickly enough.
>>
File: 1485399982254.jpg (10KB, 166x304px) Image search: [Google]
1485399982254.jpg
10KB, 166x304px
>>59325102
>can't even spell shepherd
>t.pajeet
>>
>>59327826
now try something more complex
>>
>>59324822
>no excellent built in office
iWork is fantastic. In terms of quality it's like this:
Pages = Word
Keynote > PowerPoint
Numbers < Excel
>>
>>59324822
>What are actual advantages of using macs?
Selling them for a massive markup
>>
>>59326092
no you just look like your average asshole at the airport and starbucks
>>
>>59325665
>not of those even have aluminum casings

O Im laffin
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.