[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life-long PC user here. I want to get into macs because I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18

File: Apple-MacBook-Pro-2017.jpg (98KB, 942x695px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-MacBook-Pro-2017.jpg
98KB, 942x695px
Life-long PC user here. I want to get into macs because I feel I've been missing out on something pretty good. I've hated macs all my life but after using it here and there I'm a bit in love with it.

I know they're expensive. But I think it's worth it. So tell me, am I going crazy or what? Are macs really that horrible?
>>
>>59321065
Build a hackingtosh if you wanna see the MacOS experience. You'll save some bucks
>>
>>59321065

Lifelong PC user here as well, 25 years now.

I have a workstation PC, but for my laptop I got a Macbook Pro. In a laptop, all the benefits of a vertical stack shine. Since they control hardware and software, everything is matched perfectly. The touchpad just works, the battery lasts longer, because they can optimize everything, just like a gaming console can perform better than a PC with the same hardware, because they can optimize
>>
>>59321065
macs are personal computers too fagtron

also this >>59321224
>>
>>59321224
But it's not the real thing. Except money, can you name some reasons why macs aren't worth my time?
>>
>>59321224

this

>>59321065

when you have an Intel CPU you can most likely build a hackintosh.

I did it too a few years ago and theres no coming back from it. macOS is the best OS.
>>
>>59321271
Then you've already made your choice so fuck off and buy one so you can start making shill threads on /g/
>>
>>59321065
install gentoo
>>
>>59321271
>But it's not the real thing
It's the same if you pick compatible parts or a compatible device like a thinkpad t420
>>
>>59321292
If I made my choice I wouldn't be asking now would I?

>>59321304
Isn't there a problem with updates? How do you achieve the same battery life?
>>
>>59321065
They're not that good. If you want to try Mac OS, hackintosh a cheap Thinkpad first.
>>
>>59321381
I actually own a cheap Thinkpad. It's slow and has very poor battery life (I guess I could buy a battery). But I can't really imagine it would run mac OS well. Even lubuntu runs poorly on it.
>>
I bought one about a month ago and its the best computing experience I've ever had.
>>
Mac's really are not as bad as all the hate they get. They probably did more for the PC world than MS has.
Personally I just didn't like them a whole lot because the one I had was long before the internet was a normal thing and it was impossible to get any documentation on it or using it back then in my situation.
>>
>>59321065

[Disclaimer: I sell Apple products for a living.]

Macs are pretty good, OP. The desktops are a questionable value, but the laptops are 100% worth it, as long as you correctly evaluate your needs and don't spring for the 1TB SSD upgrade. The bastards last forever, too. People come into the store where I work wanting to get a new Mac, and they bring in their ten-year-old Mac for a data transfer. The implication therein is that their laptop survived in general working order for *ten years*. That's a fucking long time.

Don't hesitate to check deal sites for stuff, either. You can get some pretty good prices on Slickdeals, et.al. I saw a 2015 27" 5K iMac on there not too long ago for $1300, which is good as hell relative to the price of a standalone 5K monitor. The reason the laptops are a better value than the desktops is because you often have to get the desktops CTO to avoid the fucking mechanical HDDs they stick into iMacs and Mac Minis. God, I hate those so much. Make sure you get at least a Fusion Drive, if you get a desktop.
>>
File: screenshot.png (46KB, 659x409px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
46KB, 659x409px
>>59321449
Depends on the internals and how old they are. I'm using a T400 with 4GB of RAM and a HDD. It's lightning fast. Posting from it now.
>>
>>59321065
There's never been a worse time to get into Macintosh.

Mac going to switch to same CPU architecture as iPhone and iPad
https://technewsinc.com/apple-developing-arm-chip-for-mac-963456/

Apple has totally cut back on engineers working on Mac
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/how-apple-alienated-mac-loyalists

Tim Cook swears that they totally have new Macs coming. Honest injun!
https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/19/apples-tim-cook-assures-employees-that-it-is-committed-to-the-mac-and-that-great-desktops-are-coming/

tl;dr: Mac is Kill
>>
>>59321591

I feel like what's going on on the Windows side kind of balances those facts out, what with the pervasive telemetry, the spontaneous rebooting, the unwillingness to beta-test updates, etc.
>>
File: HW1q3Q2.png (333KB, 931x554px) Image search: [Google]
HW1q3Q2.png
333KB, 931x554px
>>59321591
>Apple switches totally to ARM
>we hackintosh ARM Chromebooks
Nice.
>>
Currently on a 2010 MacBook Air. The only maintenance I have had to perform in 7 years is a battery replacement.

Fun fact: it was cheaper to buy and ship internationally the replacement battery + customer screwdrivers + customs fees than it would have been to have the battery replaced at a Mac store.

If this thing ever breaks I would strongly consider switching to Linux. The thing is though that I really don't know if it is possible to buy a device with the same build quality as a Mac which is optimised for Linux.
>>
>>59321271

You spend more money for no reason. It takes time to make money. You already had your reason, just stop.
>>
>>59321625
>I feel like what's going on on the Windows side kind of balances
I get your point, but that doesn't mean that will keep Apple producing a general purpose computer as opposed to killing the Mac or folding it into the iDevice category.

MS is being pretty shitty, but they totally own business and I don't see that going away. That's a foundation that the Mac will never have.

Apple just wants a device that gives them a cut of every SW license. They couldn't care less if your favorite program runs on Mac unless they get their cut.

I hope Microsoft does the same. People will flee to Linux.
>>
>>59321678
I asked for reasons that don't concern money. I'm able to save money if I truly believe a product is worth it.
>>
>>59321732

Dude, they still produce the iPod. You really think they'll stop producing Macs any time soon?
>>
>>59321590
>2017
>still on debian 8
>>
>>59321733

Your question was flawed. You asked why macs aren't worth your time and you got your answer. If you need to save money to buy something pointlessly overpriced then you have been fooled by marketing, I hope you're proud of yourself. Go an extra holiday this year with the money and have enough left to buy something equally as functional. If you are still determined to buy a mac then there's no hope for you.
>>
>>59321803

Not all Macs are created equal in the value category. The Mac Mini, for instance, is a *terrible* deal. Any iMac with a HDD is a terrible deal, but they otherwise vary based on how good of a discount you've found. The 11" MacBook Air is a questionable deal, but the 13" lasts forever. 15" MBPs from 2016 are a questionable value proposition, but the price cuts on the 2015 models have made them a pretty strong value.

It has its ups and downs, like anything else. To deny that is foolish and dogmatic.
>>
>>59321871

I have yet to see any mac priced sensibly, even considering discount. And although you may find cheap used macs, you can certainly find an equally functional used product for less. It's not foolish and dogmatic if it's entirely grounded in the truth. There is just no argument supporting the purchase of a mac convincing enough for someone browsing a technology board. Except hype and marketing.
>>
I used two MacBook Pros in the past. One normal 13" and one 13" rMBP.

They were good, but not that good. Build quality was hit and miss, some parts great, others not so much. Due to being fully "unibody" aluminum, they aren't that great to take big hits (if they get bent, they stay bent, if it was part plastic, it might just get a little broken if anything instead of changing shape permanently)

They were both in relatively shitty condition after 3 years of daily usage (incl. lots of carrying around). The little plastic "feet" at the bottom fell off, they had various slightly bent or dinged parts in the aluminum bodies and the keyboards were very shiny (in fact, in the rMBP, a few of the most commonly used keys lost some of the black paint!). I went through 4 chargers in 6 or so years, the cables really don't handle being used at random locations, they only stay in good condition if they're used only at normal desks.

Batteries lasted well tho.

The OS is pretty nice. Its like a commercial unix-like thing, you have a very functional terminal and so on but also a very functional and polished "just werks" type of UI + commercial applications.

This is not worse than average, this is actually pretty good, this is merely slightly worse than the best Dell, IBM/Lenovo and HP business laptops I've had the pleasure of using or seeing used. I'd prefer a business laptop for lugging around, maybe a MacBook for use at home or the office and the occasional longer travel.
>>
>>59321803
God you're stupid. If you can't give me any other reason than "hurr durr is expensive", then just shut up already.
>>
>>59322153

What other reason is relevant here? It functions in the same way as any computer but is more expensive. It's like having a $5 tshirt and a $50 dollar tshirt, asking the same question and then making an attempt to call someone stupid. Not a strawman, rather another way of visualising the problem as you are currently incapable of understanding it.
>>
>>59322220
I'm calling you stupid because you can't read my question and respond to it. Instead, you project whatever opinion you have and then drag me down into a spiral of bad reasoning and useless communication.

What I spend my money on is of no concern of yours. My question is whether or not I will hate the mac experience given that I've used one maybe 10 times in my life. I'm growing to like the experience but since I have so little of it, I'm asking for other opinions.
>>
File: Kitsune 3.jpg (273KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kitsune 3.jpg
273KB, 800x600px
>>59321065
A mid range Macbook Pro will do you good for a few years, I bought my first one in '09 since they changed from plastic to aluminum. Hackintoshes are an okay build to if You're strapped for cash but it's not the same.
>>
>>59322278

So I'm giving you the answer and have done several times already, which is you will find it the same as using any computer similar in specification but will pay more money for it.

The fact you are looking for some kind of answer other than that is confusing.

It only makes sense to imagine that you are trying to validate a desire to purchase one as a result of hype and marketing.
>>
>>59321065
Typical windows user

>Hated Macs
>Don't know anything about them
>>
File: 1474919286294.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1474919286294.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>59321255
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>>59322361
Pretend brand new 2017 macs cost $400. Now answer the question again. Since obviously you can't get past the pricing. I spent a whole bunch of money on useless things in my life and I'm sure you have too. So quit the fucking charade.

>>59322374
Hey, at least I'm honest about it.
>>
File: 1482052582767-g.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482052582767-g.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>59322361
B.. B... But, what other than the price, desu
And you're stupid for saying don't spend extra money for nothing, dummy.
/g/ is so full of themselves with their apple hate, gawd.
>>
>>59322384
/thread
>>
>>59322443

Why make a conscious effort to do so again though?

Your question about price here has been answered already. If I said it would be the same as using a computer of similar specification except more expensive that makes it a senseless purchase. In your imaginary scenario it would make complete sense to buy one as you get the same experience as a computer of similar specification for less.

Are you just going to drive this conversation in circles because you don't like the answer?

In short:

When you want to compare things which are functually the same but have a difference in cost, trying to negate the cost makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>59322492

This post makes no sense.
>>
File: 1482892565210-g.png (36KB, 136x150px) Image search: [Google]
1482892565210-g.png
36KB, 136x150px
>>59322443
faglord mcfagpants,
a hackingtosh = a mac - money
don't buy an apple product (this logic doesn't apply to iPhones) because you can always make something better for cheaper.
try out MacOS for yourself in a vm or god forbid: a fucking dual boot, and see for yourself.
the /g/entelmen here are telling you not to make an apple purchase, because it is stupid to pay extra for nothing extra
ask what is wrong with the OS if you want feedback on this, outside of the OS the price critique is flawless, because they are saying buying apple is dumb, make apple for less
>>
>>59322384
This.

Chinktrash at 5x chinktrash prices.
>>
>>59322534
Did you consider that perhaps I have some other motivations as well? No? That's beyond you? Since obviously all computers and all ecosystems are the same to you. Please do us both a favor and stop talking.
>>
File: 1483732563009-g.jpg (26KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483732563009-g.jpg
26KB, 720x720px
>>59322554
paroding the OP's senseless comments to other people's answers. its supposed to show that it doesnt make sense, so mission achieved
>>
File: aa.png (76KB, 682x442px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
76KB, 682x442px
>>59321352
>Isn't there a problem with updates?
Only major ones like El Cap to Sierra, minor updates work just fine from the App Store.

>How do you achieve the same battery life?
Actually i get slightly better battery life on gayOS than what i got on Linux or W7 with this T420.
>>
>>59322623
What is the battery life like compared to an actual macbook?
>>
>>59322600

Do you want to go into specifics regarding your motivations?

I'm sure that if you do people can help you make a sensible decision to suit them.

>>59322600

Sorry my bad, I've had a long day at work.
>>
>>59322621

The sorry my bad was directed at this post.
>>
>>59321065
here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded
>>
>>59322662
I get around 6.5-7h with a 9-cell battery but it's a laptop from 2011 or so with a 45W TDP processor.

I guess a Macbook with modern hardware and being more optimized would have at least twice the battery life compared to this laptop.
>>
>>59322732
I'm a developer so one of my motivations is expanding into the apple ecosystem. The other motivation is actually learning about macs. I'm not a 100% sure that I want to do this because at the same I also want to obviously enjoy the experience. If I get myself a mac and then 3 months later realize it sucks for some awful reason everyone failed to mention when I asked, then I will obviously make a fuck up. Which is what I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>59322781
Modern macbook gets 2 hours max.
>>
>>59322793
see >>59322384
>>
>>59322793

Basically the point of the answer boils down to it being the same experience as any computer with similar specifications but with a different OS. You can run the OS in a VM or build a hackintosh, the only real difference will be the price.

You might not hate the experience after 3 months but could have had the same for less money. That's why the point of cost is the main issue here, regardless of accepting it or not.

Everything aside you will have no reason to hate it other than how much you spent to get it. There's not much else to say.
>>
>>59322887
Ok, that's your first actually helpful post then. That's if I ignore the pricing comments.

I really don't understand you people. Make 3 stupid apps and you get enough money to buy the damn mac. You probably spend a fortune on something useless like rims for your car, and then you go and complain all day about how apple charges extra $500.
>>
>>59321065
Why you hate and love objects? Start fucking girls
>>
Fagbook or Dell XPS

Which one /g/
>>
>>59322793
I am a mobile developer and had to switch to apple to compile my shit. In the end I decided that having one machine for android and one for iOS was just messy. So I completly migrated to OSX. Tbh the switch from linux to OSX is not that bad. Developing on windows is a cluster fuck, and MS is just plain garbage.

Concering apple I am still getting used to it. Really love the trackpad and gesture support that is one really amazing thing about it. All of the rest, desu is a bit of a letdown.

First of all the "It just werks" is a huge meme. Simple shit needs alot of time to setup on it. I was using linux fedora before and it was realy comfy, customizable and loved it.

Maybe the most infuriating thing I find is the need to use the mouse much more to do simple tasks on a mac. Drag and drop and memes like that. The file manager is absolute cancer and the price of the hardware is huge compared to alternatives. Also I find the multi monitor support a bit messy and badly implemented.
>>
>>59322384
do you need someone to talk to anon? show me where apple touched you on this doll

also
>i have no idea how to use this operating system and therefore it is a meme
>>
>>59323007
Thanks for actually being helpful.
>>
>>59321065
i fucking despised mac right until i got one a year ago and realized what i had been missing out on
>>
File: 1476066615172.jpg (264KB, 1080x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1476066615172.jpg
264KB, 1080x1370px
>>59322384
/thread
>>
>>59322778
>planned obsolescence
the percentage of android phones that are running the latest android version would like a word with you
>>
>>59323096
>t. iToddler
>>
>>59322809
oh, then i guess i haven't been bringing my 2015 macbook to work without a charger every day for the past year

thanks anon guess it's time to get a gaming laptop like a real man!
>>
>>59323066

Posts like this are a nonsense, reinforcing marketing whilst adding no substance.

Why not provide some reasons, this is the kind of post the op will deem as helpful because it is agreeable to them, when really it says nothing.

It really is impossible to talk someone out of a marketing induced trance, everything opposed to them wasting their money is instantly unhelpful as it doesn't reinforce their desire to spend.
>>
>>59323110
>t. flustered poster who has no counterargument
>>
>>59323042
Tbh OS like a OS you will prob get used to it over time. You will love some stuff you will miss some stuff from other distros. In the end its just a tool.
>>
>>59323126
I don't find that post helpful at all. I'd prefer to see actual reasons as well.
>>
>>59323126
i'll be honest here, and please don't call me a shill, but i really wish i could point out single factors that make me prefer macOS over windows and linux. it's just the whole combined experience, all of the well designed apps (both 1st and 3rd party) that similar apps on windows don't come close to in regards of quality and consistency. this is exactly why i despised mac for so long, because i seriously believe it's nearly impossible to see the positive sides of the OS without actually trying it for yourself
>>
>>59322935
>You probably spend a fortune on something useless like rims for your car, and then you go and complain all day about how apple charges extra $500.
lmao mate

my two computers cost less than 250 euros together
my mobile phone cost far less than 100
my e-book reader cost 30
my wristwatch was under 20
I don't own a car

that extra 500 is more than all the /g/-related electronics that I use daily, so, it isn't exactly 0
>>
>>59323126

>>59323176 here,

for instance, try finding an IRC client for linux or windows that looks as good as Textual for macOS does
>>
I had heard nothing but horrible things about Mac all my life. Win 8 drove me to try a macbook pro out. I learned I had been hearing a bunch of BS for years. I have never regreted the purchase.
Price? People act as if Del xps 13's are going for 500 bucks! lol
>>
File: 1470019467508.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470019467508.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>59323126
Pajeets are literally paid to post bullshit like that.
>>
File: 148909684589563300846.jpg (944KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
148909684589563300846.jpg
944KB, 1536x2048px
>>
I use Linux. Apple products rub me the wrong way. Computers have been getting cheaper but Apple products still cost a lot even though they're chinkshit like all the other computers.
>>
>>59321065
You missed the train, OS X was great between from Tiger to Snow Leopard, and less so from Lion to Mavericks, now it's shit.
>>
>>59321065
Get a 2012-2015 MBP or do this >>59321224
>>
File: 1488673365146.png (137KB, 636x727px) Image search: [Google]
1488673365146.png
137KB, 636x727px
>>59323522
>2012-2015 MBP

Literal trash. Even Walmart garbage is better.
>>
>>59321271
Because the official options are less than ideal. Even with unlimited money, the selection of cards, motherboards, and displays you're limited to sucks. They also solder the ram to most everything they make.

Running a nice i7, 16GB RAM, dual SSD in RAID 0, GTX 660ti, and a 4k display and enjoying it.
>>
>>59323096
>what is custom Android firmware?
>>
>>59323488
OSX has always been trash, Mac OS 8 is where it's at.
>>
>>59321262
You know what he meant, don't be contrain.
>>
>>59321065
I recently got a Macbook Air and honestly the form factor and the long battery life are the only appealing things I've found with it. The OS looks better than say Windows 10 but that's like being a better runner than the kid with 1 leg.
I was mildly excited to try it out when I first got it, but was quickly reminded that it's just a standard operating system and that I had fallen victim to the hype.
I'm thinking of trying to swap this out for an X1 Carbon, since I miss the clitmouse
>>
>>59322384

>(you)

95% of your list is complete horseshit
>>
File: IMG_3339.png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3339.png
473KB, 600x706px
>>59322384
>this autistic sperglord pasta again

Jesus, you sound like some bitter permavirgin poorfag
>>
>>59323826
>>59323867
>can't refute a single fact

Whatever you say shill.
>>
File: its you.jpg (42KB, 506x667px) Image search: [Google]
its you.jpg
42KB, 506x667px
>>59323928
>being this autistic

My deepest condolences to your parents.
>>
File: 1483574160065.jpg (274KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
1483574160065.jpg
274KB, 1000x710px
>>59323970
(you)
>>
File: it'ss u.jpg (5KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
it'ss u.jpg
5KB, 202x249px
>>59323975
>implying I'm an Apple fanboy
>implying I'm a hideous beady-eyed chinky gook subhuman
>implying you're not some hideous autist that woman are absolutely repulsed by
>>
>>59324063

Have I been understood?

Dionysus against the crucified
>>
Typing this from my brand new 15.4" MBP. Everything about it is fucking glorious. The keyboard is hella dank.
>>
>>59321352
>>59322623
dont listen to this dude with a shitty hackintosh. not even remotely can you experience the depth of OSX with a hackintosh, they are buggy piles of massive shit that kernel panic once every 2-3 weeks.

if you have an iPhone already, I would highly recommend getting a Mac.
>>
>>59324812

Why
>>
>>59321065
>Dionysus against the crucified
employed, have a girl, 120k, programmer
always business laptop fan, elitebook/thinkpads
and soon a proud owner of condo
>>
It's been said in the thread before but really, you should build a Hackintosh. With Clover UEFI and smart hardware choices, it will be 100% functional and like a real Mac (i.e. buy a BCM4360 for native WiFi and Bluetooth functionality support for things like Handoff, Apple Watch unlock, Airdrop, and other continuity features like universal clipboard).

I've been doing Hackintosh for years and it was only until recently did I rebuilt with proper hardware support and took my time setting everything up properly. What a day/night difference between a Hacky solution and a proper Mac alternative.

You don't want to buy an official Macintosh desktop because the iMacs are underpowered trash, and the Mac Pro is overpriced, obsolete trash. The laptops are a different story (and I still recommend them).
>>
>>59324878

The folly of boasting.

Be careful your nose doesn't run off.
>>
>>59324878
You sound like some beta ugly faggot with a small dick, man. I bet your "girl" is ugly as fuck too. Stop bragging to strangers on the internet, you pathetic retard.
>>
>>59321065
Its actually a very good computer if you are rich. Best sound, screen, touchpad, arguably great keyboard (some hate ofc), looks classy and is light.

All you must do to make this the one solution for all humankinds needs is

add Bootcamp for Windows so you can do or play anything
add LG 27” 4K USB-C (27UD88-W) Monitor
add eGPU with your choice of (best video card you can afford)
add a longass Thunderbolt 3 cord so your eGPU can sit on the floor
this gives you a USB-C hub, no dongles needed

You can also take your MBP to various coffee shops, bars, libraries and whatnot and look like a sexy rich normie studmuffin.

Then play Overwatch at 150fps at home.

Please note you can even do this without touch bar and those are being sold now at Apple Refurbishing for 1250.
>>
>>59324858
what do you mean why? why they're shit? they break annually once for sure with the possibility of breaking on point updates. besides that, they'll crash at least once a month due to kernel panics.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.