[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>updated Spotify web player will bypass adblockers How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
>updated Spotify web player will bypass adblockers
How does it make you feel?
>>
>>59315373
https://stallman.org/spotify.html
>>
>>59315373
Bypass the host file?
>>
>>59315373
i pirate all my music and will continue to do so until i die. how does it make you feel?
>>
File: 1470681495873.jpg (256KB, 563x550px) Image search: [Google]
1470681495873.jpg
256KB, 563x550px
>>59315392
Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”
>>
>>59315410
>Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term "let the publishers choke on my fat cock"
>>
>>59315373

ive blocked all ad servers via the host file and listen to Chopin while i write terrible code. What exactly is spotify going to do about it?! They can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>59315386
based stallman
>>
>>59315410
I'm no commie, but after the VHS almost got banned back in the day I fell into this mindset.
Can you imagine if the VHS got banned and it was illegal to record shows off your own TV, from cable you pay for? I don't know the legal intricacies, but I think it's bullshit.
>>
>>59315392
unless you only listen to dadrock or something, pirating takes too long and you usually need to discover new music yourself. or you have to be a private tracker cūck and maintain a ratio.

either way, it's a fucking part time job.
>>
File: laughing lucas sex objects.png (544KB, 680x589px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lucas sex objects.png
544KB, 680x589px
>>59315386
> Out, out, damned Spotify!
>>
>>59315480
how do
>>
>>59315496
>maintain a ratio
you know seedboxes exist right?
>complains you need make effort to do stuff
well freedom isn't free. i would rather spend couple minutes than submit to corporations
>>
>>59315373
>don't use kekify
>deezer premium is included in my $12 phone plan

0 fugs given
>>
>>59315386
>Any "service" that is based on not letting people have their own copies is a scheme to subjugate people. Once you submit, they are always ready to use that leverage to subjugate you more.
Kek how is this different for open source?
>>
>>59315480
>What exactly is spotify going to do about it?
Use a custom resolver with hardcoded DNS servers for both ads and content.
The Netflix app and media players like Roku or Chromecast are already hardwired to use the Google DNS servers, you have to redirect DNS queries at the router level in the case.
https://dontblock.me/how-to-block-google-public-dns/

And even then they could prevent you rewriting responses using DNSSEC or just make the program inoperable when ads mysteriously don't load after a few tries, but the content does.
>>
>updated ad blocker will block ads on new spotify
how does this makes you feel?
>>
>>59315373
Using modded spotify on android :^)
>>
>>59315373
I barely use spotify to begin with since many sites already stream genre specific songs without ads and for free. If I wanted to listen to a specific song I'd just download it or use youtube.
>>
>>59315825
Hello there! You seem to have used the term "open source".
The term "open source" was created by a group of people that did not want to be associated with the free software movement. When I say "free" software (which is one of the alternatives preferable to "open source"). It's not about price; in that case I would say "gratis", or "free as in free beer". It's about "freedom"! This is what the free software movement is fighting for.
So what is "free" software? Free software is any software that guarantees the user the four essential software freedoms:
> 0. Run the program as you wish.
> 1. Study the source code and change it so it does what you wish.
> 2. Redistribute exact copies of the program.
> 3. Distribute your modified version of the program.
Some people decided that they wanted to restrict the user; but being able to study and modify the "open source" code is not enough! This is directly hurting the cause of the free software movement because it takes away the sociological "freedom" aspect of free software and turns it into a technological one.
So for those reasons I ask that in the future you use the terms "free", "free/libre" or, if necessary "FLOSS" (short for "free/libre and open source"), though the latter should still be avoided.
>>
>>59316379
there is somekind of cracked spotify?
>>
>>59315373
does it still run on that flash player crap?
>>
>>59316601
No. That's why it's updated.
>>
>>59315373
>streaming music

why is this still a thing
>>
>>59315373
Indifferent since I'm not 8 years old and have Spotify Premium and don't use the web player
>>
>>59316620
I just installed pepper flash last week to listen on the web player
>>
>>59316639
Gee whiz, it's a mystery why people would want to have access to millions of songs on all of their devices anywhere on the planet.
>>
>>59316620
oh, nice! I'm gonna uninstall the botnet then
>>
>>59316639
I use this to discover new songs then download them as flac or mp3 320
>>
>>59315392
>pirating music
Hello yes fbi?
>>
>>59315825
>how is this different for open source?
Open source allows you to have a copy of it?
Also, >>59316449
>>
>>59316468
Yeah, all free premium things (can choose songs, “premium” audio quality, no ads and such. The only thing that doesn’t work is offline songs because of the encryption thingy.
>>
>>59315373
>using archaic plugins to listen to music
How does being retarded make you feel?
>>
>>59318267
What if they catch you?
>>
>>59315373
>How does it make you feel?
Pretty indifferent because I use the desktop clients and pay the $5 for premium?
>>
and how exactly will this 'bypass' a properly configured hostsfile again?
>>
>>59318490
lmao for real? been using it for years and the modded app gets update with-in 1 or 2 days of any official update.
>>
>>59315373
>streaming anything
>relying on someone else's server for your media consumption
top plaebian right here
>>
>>59318527
Where did you get it? F droid?
>>
>Listening to 192kbps

epic
>>
>>59315373
Annoyed, back to download albums from torrents

I might go to dc++ to get music now
>>
>>59318618
Spotify runs on 320 kbps on high quality settings.
>>
>>59315776
>you know seedboxes exist right?

You're literally paying to pirate.
>>
>>59315392
poorfag
>>
>>59319061
i don't think so, tim.
>>
>>59318603
Search this in Google: Spotify [version] modded apk download.
Current latest version is 7.7.0.1179
>>
>>59319061
web player is 192kbps even if you run premium.
>>
>>59315373
what's spotify?
>>
>>59319329
You for real?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.