[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.extremetech.com/computi ng/245553-microsoft-now-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: File-Explorer-640x353.jpg (30KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
File-Explorer-640x353.jpg
30KB, 640x353px
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/245553-microsoft-now-puts-ads-windows-file-explorer

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>59307961
Fucking hell. I'm so glad I decided not to move over to 10. I almost was going to do it, too since i have access to Education and can turn off (the vast majority of) the spying shit, and boot speeds are fucking insane.

7 till' the end.
>>
>>59307961
block explorer.exe in your firewall

problem solved
>>
>>59307961
Can easily be disabled in the Control Panel
>>
>>59308521
>trusting microsoft to keep """features""" optional
Oh you poor naïve child
>>
>>59307961

what is more disgusting is that you dont disable quick access.

that shit is garbage.
>>
>>59307961
>having OneDrive enabled
What the fuck?
>>
It's not actually Word, Excel and Powerpoint is it.
It's some gay online only bullshit.
>>
>>59308521
>trusting arbitrary gui sliders to actually do anything behind the scenes
Source code or botnet.
>>
I don't get why Microsoft doesn't just make two versions, a free version with ads (including the free upgrade) but if you pay the $120-199 for the retail version you get to disable them. Paying for ads rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>59308513
Are you kidding me? How many fucking tweaks do you have to do nowadays to get W10 to work decently?

"uuh yeah """"""JUST""""""" do this and that and run this script to remove the botnet and this other one to remove the ads and this other tweak to disable windows defender permanently and run this questionable software to tweak that and just block every fucking essential process with your firewall, bla bla bla"

LOL. Can manually select windows updates yet? Or do you need a tweak for that too?
>>
>>59308629
Because they make more money like this. If they cared about power users they would backport Windows 10's improvements to Windows 7 and sell it for $500 as "Windows Classic"
>>
>>59308648

I agree all this "just do blah blah blah" misses the point that you shouldn't HAVE to do all that in the first place. You shouldn't have to keep fighting for control over your own computer
>>
>>59308648
Nah you can disable everything in regular settings and Group Policy in 5 minutes, I personally disabled Cortana, Defender and Onedrive. Same for updates, set them to not download automatically in GP and it's fine.
>>
disable suggestions in windows and start menu

/thread
>>
>>59307961
lol
>>
Cheetah Mobile bought Microsoft and told nobody.
>>
>>59308374
the end is near
>>
>>59307961
HOW DOES IT KEEP HAPPENING
>>
>can't disable telemetry, can only set it to low
why am I even still using this garbage
>>
>>59308815
>disable suggestions in windows and start menu
And how long before those options are taken away from the user?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.