[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you've had a complex computer problem for weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

>when you've had a complex computer problem for weeks and finally decide to troubleshoot and you find the cause after just 30 minutes
>>
File: fawRchq.jpg (214KB, 1008x1323px) Image search: [Google]
fawRchq.jpg
214KB, 1008x1323px
Wouldnt that mean it wasnt a complex problem anon?
>>
>>59300450
I once played this game named S4 League and had a problem where all my actions would start to be delayed after a short time of playing. I had this problem for like 2 years, which would persist on every Windows but XP.

Then one day after foolish attempts like changing my NIC, disabling services, or even trying another GPU, I decided to check my BIOS Settings. Not to say I didn't try that before, but this one time I did it thoroughly. And there was it, this one setting which has been lost between all these other power settings, the HPET setting.

Of all things it was the fucking timer. This unoptimized piece of shit of a game turned crazy when playing with the timer. I turned HPET in the BIOS off and experienced a FPS Loss, but the delays were never to be seen again.

Damn right it felt good.
>>
File: 1463810979655.gif (2MB, 500x809px) Image search: [Google]
1463810979655.gif
2MB, 500x809px
>>59300544
S4 League was the shit, man. I used to play that with my brother for hours wrecking each other with the spy dagger. Also Chaser was a lot of fun.
Only slightly related, my first laptop out of the box had a periodic stutter on any game I played. It was consistent and annoying, and I tried everything from redoing the GPU driver to reinstalling Windows, but nothing fixed it and I gave up. Come to find out it WAS the driver, but the download from Acer's site was out of date and after like a month I realized you could get them directly from AMD. Playing games has never felt so smooth. Pic unrelated.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.