[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I attached a rough sketch of what I'm trying to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Dumb Idea 1932.B.png (36KB, 1689x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Idea 1932.B.png
36KB, 1689x1080px
So I attached a rough sketch of what I'm trying to make happen. But running into some technical issues.

I have a custom built rig that is stupid powerful, but also stupid loud even with (liquid cooling)

So what I want to do is transfer the main tower down stair to another room, that is out of ear range and is also cooler.

What I'm thinking is running X2 DVI-D Dual link cables and then running one USB 3.0 Cablel from room a to room b.

This way room A has the two monitors, keyboard and mouse. The K/M would be connected to a HUB and then i just have to run the 3 cables out. So X2 DVI and X1 USB.

The distance is 50ft. Should this work okay, and if not what do i need to get to make this work before I start ordering parts.

Thanks /g/uys
>>
drill a hole or pull conduit and make that ~15'; 50' is way over USB spec
>>
Not possible to drill a whole, under that area is a No go, No way to relocate the monitors either.
>>
I could maybe*** Shrink it to 25ft.
>>
Also I have tons of cat7 shielded so maybe over cat 7?
>>
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030309&p_id=9470&seq=1&format=2

>his Active Extension Cable draws power from the USB 3.0 bus and uses it to boost and regenerate the data signals, ensuring that full SuperSpeeds can be maintained to much longer lengths. By combining two of these extension cables with a 3 meter passive cables a total length of 13 meters (42.6 feet).
>>
>>59297290
USB issue Solved +1
TY,
Now what about Video issues.
>>
>>59297346
Keep in mind, you'll need an externally powered USB hub. That cable can't provide power to devices since it uses the power from the USB port to power the active circuitry.
>>
>>59297346
HDMI over ethernet
>>
>>59297399
yeah, this would probably be best resort. i think an active setup (needs PSUs) would be better in regards to the distance requirements.
>>
>>59297384
>>59297399
>>59297441
all of this

OP, look at "front of house" solutions for video and USB. live event guys have been dealing with these issues since forever.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.