[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First in your life reminder that Intel would be nothing without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (616KB, 1515x1964px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
616KB, 1515x1964px
First in your life reminder that Intel would be nothing without a dutch company you have never heard of.
>>
Daily reminder that AMD would be nothing if they didn't have Intel's previous work to knock off.
>>
>>59291799
AMD doesn't even have foundries. They beg others to make them for them. Notice their downfall came together with their losing the control of their own foundries.

I bet the main reason they run behind Intel like a dog is that, they they don't have control of manufacturing. They have to pay fees or/and be behind Intel.

But, if everyone is only buying shit from ASML (pic related) then, are they the boss?
>>
NASDAQ: steady decline
nice try, like I wouldn't buy FN HERSTAL stocks
machine guns are more important than silicone
>>
>>59291998
Why wouldn't it decline? The silicon technology is at its last breath. Photolithography is extremely hard but it's not like it's having great advances.

In 10-20 years everyone and their mother might have the same similar foundries.

Or, that might be the erroneous expectation. Either way, it's a risky bet.
>>
>>59292079
>Why wouldn't it decline?
I don't know the company.
Silicon is no where near dead. If I buy stocks I'm buying in a company I know I want to keep those in for years. As far as dutch companies go I'd skip right to FN because their machine guns are fucking awesome. Those ma deuces are never going to get retired.
>>
>>59292312
Chip making in general is hard to foretell at this moment. It has been obviously decelerated in transistor shrinking in the last 2 decades enormously. Even if I know a company is having the upper hand, I do not know if they will be at a standstill, or the opposite.

It can go both ways.

It seems volatile.
>>
File: 1488403558696.png (19KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1488403558696.png
19KB, 500x590px
>>59291447
>haven't heard of

I'm not a brainlet; I'm familiar with the lithography part of semiconductor manufacturing
>>
>>59291903
They lost their foundries because of their downfall and they didn't have the cash to keep them updated
>>
>>59292393
Not at all volatile. If I had the money I'd throw it all into stocks for intel and AMD. I think both corporations are great and do good things with chips. That's long term though and I think both corporations should stick around. I only mention it because I can't afford either stock in any quantity and think other people should buy it if I can't.
>>
>>59292519
problem with investing in general is that you can't go long term without enormous fees. you have to buy and sell reasonably fast. problem is short term and mid term you can't predict shit.
>>
>>59292485
you and me and probably no one else the last hour I bet
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.