[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a laptop from Amazon and after 2 days of use it started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 1481783981317.jpg (91KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1481783981317.jpg
91KB, 640x620px
I bought a laptop from Amazon and after 2 days of use it started to swell up. I called the manufacturer and they advised me to go to gov website and find my nearest hazardous waste dump as it sounded like an issue with the battery. They told me to put it in a container away from anything flammable, so I put it in my back yard. I called Amazon to see what they needed to know and was told I had to return it - this is illegal and even the return labels Amazon provided stated it can't be shipped if damaged. I called Amazon on 5 or 6 occasions and was repeatedly told the same thing. I had a holiday booked so went away and came back and the issue still wasn't sorted (this was a little over 2 weeks after contacting them originally) so I call them up and demand a manager or someone in the UK who could help and eventually, 3 weeks on, I got an executive manager to call me up, they told me to send photos of the damage.

I went to go and take some photos and noticed on the container I had it stored in there was some burn like marks and some white crystal type things too, so instead of taking the photos - I felt uncomfortable having to open the container to take the photos and so called up a local PC repair store and they told me that it's dangerous and could explode and potentially cause massive damage. They advised me they provide a service where they can come out, same day, and collect the laptop and recycle it for me. I turned that down (in hindsight accepting may have been better for reasons I'll explain) since on my way to work I go past the recycling centre so it was easier for me to just drop it there. I leave for work, laptop inside the container on the floor of the front passenger seat. I drop the laptop off and it never leaves the container I put it in, I ask for some sort of proof that I had dropped it off and was told they don't issue a receipt/proof of drop off and they could only issue an invoice.

Amazon are now refusing to help me, I'm nowout of pocket by £850.
>>
File: 1486599491921.jpg (131KB, 959x599px) Image search: [Google]
1486599491921.jpg
131KB, 959x599px
cool story bro
>>
>WHY WONT THEY LET ME RMA A LITERAL HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE

stop being so entitled, you britcuck
>>
File: 1487537249885.jpg (80KB, 553x691px) Image search: [Google]
1487537249885.jpg
80KB, 553x691px
pussy retard lol
>>
What laptop?
>>
should've sent it back so that it blew up in their shitty warehouse

maybe they'd learn that way

amazon is usually okay but the moment something off-script happens the pajeets in customer service go full retard
>>
File: 1474498005718.jpg (45KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1474498005718.jpg
45KB, 640x621px
>buy laptop
>throw it in landfill
>get no proof it was defective
>expect a refund
>>
>>59289895
Shoulda took the photos half wit
>>
You stupid pommie cunt. Go have a shower and brush your teeth, then think about how retarded you are for not taking photos.
>>
so you bought a laptop, removed the battery claiming it was defecting, and gave it to a recycling plant

and your wondering why amazon won't help you, you took the battery out of the product. why you were so frightened to take a photograph of the damage is beyond me, how else did you think you were going to prove it? especially after they asked you to send photos.

you're only out like 20 bucks because thats the value of the bad battery you bought. just buy a new battery and stop whining like a little bitch
>>
>>59290135
unless of course you threw gave the entire computer to a recycling facility for disposal

which would have truly been the stupidest move.
>>
>>59289895
Man you brits are really autistic.
>>
so let me get this straight

you bought a new laptop, decided it looked broken so turned it over to a recycling facility, and now your mad amazon wont just give you a new one? without ever even gathering any evidence whatsoever that it even looked remotely damaged.

you should have just returned it like they asked you too retard, not just disposed of it and expect a replacement or refund
>>
>>59290175
OP's a pajeet immigrant
>>
>>59290020
this

without the need of saying it swelled, you should have returned saying "it doesn't turn on". they would have received it and probably thunk the swelling occurred in transit. if it blew up in their hands or in transit, boo fucking hoo it was not your problem.
>>
File: 1454029662629.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1454029662629.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>>59290010
Thinkpad
>>
File: 1486760965280.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486760965280.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
>>59290210
If it kills someone, then it's score one for the good guys.
>>
>>59289895
Its a battery not a hand grenade. You could probably hold it shile it explodes and only lose a hand
Jesua Brit cucks. If you had real weapons maybe you wouldn't be afraid of an explosion that is less powerful than american fireworks.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>59290049
Rude
That's why I didn't vote for you
>>
there are people in the world who damage lithium batteries for sole purpose of getting it on camera.
And OP is scared to do it with 850 bucks on the line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLc74Qpvweg
>>
>>59289895
Contact an attorney immediately. You are about to sue Amazon for a mega shitload of money.
>>
File: smug goth dude.jpg (12KB, 235x279px) Image search: [Google]
smug goth dude.jpg
12KB, 235x279px
I for one am happy that happened to you, because you're british.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.