[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't you listen? Why do you still use data-selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: rms-assange-snowden_.jpg (3MB, 4320x2880px) Image search: [Google]
rms-assange-snowden_.jpg
3MB, 4320x2880px
Why didn't you listen?

Why do you still use data-selling Discord, Steam, restrictive-DRM Netshit, locked-down ARM hardware, and so on? Why don't you just throw your phone away and be free?
>>
>>59289331
Our grampa Sempai is getting old, who is going to push his meme when he dies?
Whe will miss him
>>
Why would the average user care if their data is being sold, especially if it won't ever directly affect them?
>>
>>59289635
it doesn't matter if he dies. his legacy will live forever. he won't be forgotten.
>>
>>59289657
>especially if it won't ever directly affect them?
that's a big assumption to make there
>>
>>59289784
The majority of data collected in harmless and no company would bother to take the steps to identify a user based on data collected.
>>
>>59289918
>and no company would bother to take the steps to identify a user based
Except in the case of Discord, they literally do, as stated in their privacy policy. Shill harder, retard.
>>
>>59289331
>Discord
It's for video gamers
>>
>>59289918
>The majority of data collected in harmless
put all that data together and you can make a pretty complete picture of someone's entire life. What they read and watch, the websites they visit, what they buy, where they go, who they associate with. That's a lot of power to have over somebody.
>and no company would bother to take the steps to identify a user based on data collected.
How do you know they don't? I'd much rather make sure they don't by not giving them the information. What if the company is trustworthy now, but a few years and a new CEO later it becomes malicious? You can't take your data back once they have it. What if they get hacked, and my information winds up in some database for sale to credit-card thieves on the dark web? (Ask a Yahoo user about this, if there are any left) A big collection of user data is a big juicy target for three-letter agencies, too.

Fighting "the botnet" helps to secure me against all these threats.
>>
>>59289331
Did you read the report? Gnu plus Linux is no exception to the CIA spyware program. Stallman-foot-eater is just a hypocrite.
>>
i'm willing to give up any freedom i have for convenience.
>>
>>59289979
I agree with what you say, although the average user will never care and most will just accept the agreements even if it does act against them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.