[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your least favorite things about your favorite language(s)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1475807935557.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475807935557.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
What are your least favorite things about your favorite language(s)?

>Lua
>ugly verbose syntax, substantially increases keystrokes
>standard libs are fucking tiny, doesn't even include a function for fucking copying tables, standalone projects need 10000 modules for the most basic shit that's built into most languages
>most bindings are deprecated as fuck
>community is 99% roblox scripters
>>
>Assembly
>lol
>>
>Lisp
>((((((((((((((((((((((((((
>>
>>59280999
fucking this
relic of the past that was never updated
>>
C#
>
>>
C / C++
>>
>>59280932
> python
> indentation
>>
>>59280932
You mean Lua isn't just World of Warcraft addon writers anymore?

Writing macro scripts and later addon creation were a big inspiration for me to learn how to program in the first place years ago.
>>
>>59281122
I really like how great of a teaching language Lua is, but it pollutes the community with a bunch of annoying kids. Though it does stimulate the creation of a lot of good libraries.
>>
>>59281121
don't forget the useless :
it could have been saved for something useful ;_;
>>
>>59280932
Oh and also we don't get to be smug about C being shit
>>
>>59280932
>Haskell
>The smug community
>>
>C++
>it's only about templates now and we rarely ever get good features that aren't template-related or originally from boost

>C
>it's old as shit and nobody uses it anymore
>people will mock you for this and suggest haskell
>>
>>59281492
>people will mock you for this and suggest haskell
That's not C specific though they do that for everybody.
>>
File: 1476322217086.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476322217086.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>59280932
Dang man, dayz is looking pretty sweet these days!
>>
>they aren't ready-to-go yet
>>
>>59281340
Seconded

>Python
>Not functional enough
I don't want to have to import functools every time >:(((
>>
>java
>IEnterpriseAbstractSpringBeanFactoryLAFGeneratorFactoryFactoryImplTest.class
>InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePane...
>>
>Verilog
Absolutely nothing, it's perfect in every way.
VHDL fags can go off themselves.
>>
>Lua
>does exactly what it was designed to do
>popular for the use cases it was meant to be good at
>beloved by all, hackers and industry alike
>gets quality software and implementations over time
>becomes a general purpose programming language via sheer effort of the community

And yet this fucking faggot OP comes here bitch about it.
>>
>Angular
>the fact that there are two of them
>>
>Python2/3 split
>Python will never replace perl as the default loonix scripting language
>>
>>59282176
I fucking love Lua, hence it being my favorite language. That doesn't mean I think it's perfect, or don't have a few problems with it. The second one I named is particularly annoying in my opinion; the lack of really commonly needed functions (i.e. table copying, table concatenation, many math functions) means that it's both harder to use for its intended purpose and results in a lot of redundant code among various libraries where everyone uses their own implementation of those functions.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.