/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /g/, I need two things I need a (dumb) cell phone that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: killmeplease.png (121KB, 318x200px) Image search: [Google]
killmeplease.png
121KB, 318x200px
Okay /g/, I need two things

I need a (dumb) cell phone that has user-removable storage and battery with a distinctly fast boot up time.

I need a modern laptop that has user-removable wifi, bluetooth, wireless display, etc hardware (or preferably none at all). Basically, I need to have a laptop with no wireless hardware whatsoever. It is preferable to have user-removable HDD. I'd also prefer it to not have or to have removable microphone or webcam as an extra precaution.

I need the phone in the event that I need to place an emergency call. I'd carry it around with the battery removed so as to avoid tracking and spying, but I could insert the battery in an emergency and place a 911 call. That's why it needs a fast boot up time.

I'd be fine with a battery that I can't remove, but only if I can be confident that being "turned off" will actually power down and disable all parts of the phone, including and especially the wireless hardware.

The laptop with no wireless hardware is to avoid intrusion. This device won't be connecting to any networks at all. I'd get a desktop, but I need portability and battery.

Also to those wanting to make a living in technology, take my advice: don't work in anything involving particularly sensitive data. You will become paranoid. You will regret what technology has become. You will loathe your financial dependence on it. Just don't do it.
>>
>>59280273

Those phones marketed to seniors might be a good choice, they're very simple and might boot faster.

For the laptop, get a used Thinkpad, open it up and strip out the Wi-Fi/BlueTooth card. Then only use Wi-Fi over USB or something.
>>
>>59280701
I'll look at the phones, thanks.

My concern with getting a used Thinkpad is that they are an ideal vector for intelligence agencies to use to target "sketchy image board users." I'd imagine that they have a higher likelihood of being modified with tracking hardware and such things, that I'm definitely not well trained enough to search for and remove.

Also the goal is to NOT have ANY networking capabilities, so a USB WiFi would defeat the purpose.

But on another note, is it easy to remove the webcam/microphone in a Thinkpad? I'd imagine that Thinkpads have a serviceable enough design that they would likely just use simple connectors on the motherboard that I could unplug. I believe some manufacturers build their webcam cables into the display cables, so you can't easily remove one without removing the other.
>>
>>59280760
Why remove?
Can't you just open and cut the wire connecting the mic/cam? That way it looks like it has a working cam and it's actually not working.
For phones, I doubt you'll find one with removable storage.
Removable battery was a feature in all dumbphones and I believe it still is, though so any dumbphone should do.
Also, if you're so paranoid, see if you can actually add a switch between the battery and main board. This way you can get one without a removable battery.
>>
>>59280273
You can always blacklist the wifi kernel module, not install the wifi drivers and/or have the hardware wifi switch set to 'off'.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.