[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

xbox one bluetooth controller + windows 10 + steam = help..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_73480.jpg (583KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_73480.jpg
583KB, 1920x1080px
xbox one bluetooth controller + windows 10 + steam = help..

just brought the controller, did the bluetooth pairing and in windows settings->bluetooth it shows up as "xbox wireless controller, connected" in device manager under bluetooth it shows up as wel with the correct name. I can even calibrate it in the "setup usb game controllers" windows screen so it works by itself.

the windows build is 1607 so it looks like im past the required anniversary update. however steam big picture wont see my controller no matter what, gta 5 wont see it too. i just brought it for this game only wtf.. the xbox accessories windows app doesnt detect the controller as well.

tried to reboot the pc, same story.

what can i do? out of ideas..please help me..
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>59271488
Im running gentoo on the other drive
>>
willing to give 25$ steam gift card or btc for solution
>>
>>59273426
Did you try turning it off and back on again?
>>
>>59273441
oh yes, rebooted the controller, the pc, reinstalled the driver, checked with many supposed solutions online that dont work..it seems only steam is not seeing the controller and cant get why..im asking on discord too
>>
>>59271443
What version of bluetooth are you using on your computer? Like do you have a 3rd party adapter? Reason I ask is i had this exact problem, and the solution was buying a 4.0 adapter. anything under 4.0 does not work with the controllers. So i bought one from Amazon for like $5 and its working great

Though I'd recommend turning off vibrations as some games get fucky about it
>>
Works on my machine
Also maybe go to "device manager", go to the Bluetooth adapter, properties, and uncheck the power savings feature, it'll sometime shut off the adapter (doubt it defaults to power savings on a desktop anyways but worth a try)
But yeah, it SHOULD work out of the box, because it does with mine :^)
>>
make sure it connects when you turn on your computer, it takes like 30 seconds or more to sync up with my controller, sometimes I have to open up the Bluetooth menu just to have it see the controller on startup
>>
>>59271443

Shoulds gottrn a DS4, works much brtter over bluetooth.

Try using the xboner controller wired.
>>
>>59275480
I got an "official" Microsoft Xbox branded wired controller and it was completely fucking garbage
Luckily I only paid $20 and was able to exchange it at GameStop for a stock xbone controller (which was priced at $50) and a USB cable without paying extra
Then I just bought a $5 Bluetooth adapter and a Bluetooth xbone controller for $40 on sale at Amazon, wireless is still a big deal, I almost forgot how bad life was before responsive wireless controllers
>>
>>59275520
Basically don't buy off-brand controllers is what I'm saying. You can plug in a USB cable to real xbone controller for wired, and there's real bluetooth xbone controller, I've personally never had an off brand controller that worked perfectly for whichever reason, software or hardware
>>
>>59271443
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.